BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/1/2023 1:48 PM  #1

WPS v Swindon

Not much news on here about the game tonight. As there has been nothing announced l guess they are charging normal entry prices - seems a bit steep considering it will be 2 'reserve' sides on the pitch and there are 4 league games coming up in quick succession. I certainly won't be paying £14.

10/1/2023 1:56 PM  #2

Re: WPS v Swindon

In previous years l think prices were reduced for Wiltshire Shield games. Can’t see too many people paying £14 to watch a team made up of academy players and a few first team players who haven’t played much recently. And no doubt a very mixed Swindon side.

10/1/2023 2:42 PM  #3

It is a Mickey Mouse cup, and I am afraid I will not be attending either, a very pointless game, apart from giving academy players a game.

10/1/2023 4:23 PM  #4

Club tweeted yesterday it was normal prices but that tweet is no longer up. Swindon's manager is about to go to Crawley so can't see any of their fringe players playing and I ain't going to bother paying full price to see their u18s

10/1/2023 5:37 PM  #5

I won't be paying £14 for a nothing competition game.

Good for our fringe players and academy lads but charging the same as the FA Cup game is scandalous.

10/1/2023 7:08 PM  #6

Agree £ 14 won’t encourage many takers, another case of club taking fan base for granted, disappointing. 

10/1/2023 8:44 PM  #7

Went two down after five mins, academy lineup pretty much

11/1/2023 12:03 AM  #8

Entertaining enough but had the air of a pre-season friendly about it, so agree the £14 was steep given it was a glorified “youth” game.

11/1/2023 6:00 PM  #9

Thought Chippenham gave a pretty good account of themselves.To go two down after five minutes,it was always going to be a uphill struggle, but at 2-1 they were in with a shout, had a few near misses, but a second - half penalty which looked a bit harsh as the Chippenham defender seemed to win the ball, put the game out of reach.Why anyone tries to play the ball out from a goal kick I will never understand, last night was a prime example of gifting a goal away.At least the crowd of 251 saw a entertaining game , have seen far worse for£14.Pherhaps this competition should be played at the start of the season.

12/1/2023 10:33 AM  #10

Was Owen Windsor one of the trialists playing on Tuesday night as the G&H says that Gary Horgan hopes to sign this player.

Board footera