BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/1/2023 11:08 AM  #1

Bath NYD

Looking forward to this one… certainly going to be heavy underfoot!

3-1 attendance 1153

01/1/2023 1:09 PM  #2

Re: Bath NYD

Definitely looking forward to the game. Going for 2-1 and attendance 1244.

01/1/2023 2:36 PM  #3

2-2 

Att.  1095

01/1/2023 3:17 PM  #4

3 nil home win.  1770 in att. 

01/1/2023 6:53 PM  #5

Ended 0-0 attendance about 1500.

We were the better side with more chances, but they were closest to 3pts

01/1/2023 7:04 PM  #6

In the end, I was happy to settle for the draw. We looked the better side from the off, carrying on where we left off on Monday.  Final ball was missing though and there weren't any   clearcut obvious chances to speak of.  Bath threatened sporadically but never gathered  momentum.  Jordan's departure fom the field proved a tuning point.  The interlinking through him  that brings Alefe and Harry to life just stopped happening.  As the second half wore on Bath looked increasingly likely to be the team to nick it with one goal... which they nearly did .. except a kindly post got in the way.  Increasingly we seemed rushed and careless where in the first half we had built purposefully and calmly. Their keeper had a fine game.. and plucked everything from the air that was thrown into his box. Joe Parker bought some pace and directness to proceedings but BCFC defending was simply too good, as ultimately was ours.  The brighest light on  a grey afternoon was another excellent display from  Leighton Tuodolo... he really is a  young star in the making... and  a healthy cowd of 1500 plus to fill the coffers that have been so depleted by a chronic lack of recent Home fixtures. Pity we didn't get Ebbsleet just before Christmas .. they seem to be in freefall.

01/1/2023 8:45 PM  #7

A good assessment of the game rambler.
A tight game which either team could have won in the closing stages but the lack of quality from both teams in the final 3rd meant it stayed goalless.
A better result for us than them I think, as I don’t think they will  make the playoffs based on what I’ve seen. Toothless up front without Fletcher for Cooke.

Be interesting to hear Gills post match interview, as he spent most of the game berating the officials again, after every decision that went against them and arguing with Harry Parsons.
Personally I thought they did pretty well and got most of the key decisions right.

Last edited by Wellard (01/1/2023 10:03 PM)

01/1/2023 9:06 PM  #8

Thought Tom Mehew had a solid game in the midfield today, after a slow start to the season he seems to be back to his old self from last season. Not a bad point in the end, 5pts out of 9 in the space of 7 days. Must be some very tired legs out there. Nice run of home games coming up so a chance to really pick up some points and climb that table

Last edited by Anonymous (01/1/2023 9:46 PM)

01/1/2023 9:29 PM  #9

Run of home games after Chelmsford away, vital to keep Young fit going forward.

01/1/2023 9:32 PM  #10

Happy with the point, I actually think we edged it very slightly but it really could have gone either way.

5 points from 3 games, 2 being away from home is a good haul for this time of year.

We need to kick on with January and our run of home games, vital now more than ever.

Board footera