BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/10/2022 4:17 PM  #11

Re: FA Cup 4th QR

Highlights of their 3-2 win over Herne Bay (from 0-2 down) are available on their Twitter page. They appear to attack in numbers but leave themselves open at the back. Could be something we have not seen this season a high scoring game 3-4! Wondering if their Dave Diedhou is the guy that was at St Albans. Seems to be a lot of unfenced grass around the perimeter (especially behind goal) something we were not allowed in order to get into Southern League.

Last edited by Charlie Bird (04/10/2022 7:50 PM)

03/10/2022 4:22 PM  #12

I feel more confident facing lower league opposition under our current management than I do their predecessors.

Last met in the 3rd Qualifying Round in 2018, beating them 4-1 at home. Four years obviously a long time in football, but hopeful we should get through.

As for the stadium, somewhere I have actually played (albeit in my university days). 4G, good community facility and shared with Edgware Town. Not far at all from Wembley Stadium and the best way to get there if no coach, is tube to Wembley Park then bus, or a walk from Hendon mainline station. 

Anyone who has been to Wembley recently will know it's not the industrial estate it once was when we last visited, with plenty of bars, food spots and a whole shopping village should you want to make it a day out.

Last edited by 96chipp (03/10/2022 4:27 PM)

03/10/2022 4:43 PM  #13

Coach running on a FCFS Basis! Get in touch with Tina Hemmings on community@chippenhamtown.com to reserve your seat £20 Adult, £15 An Accompanying Child! #COYB

03/10/2022 8:03 PM  #14

Couldn’t ask for Better draw, apart from maybe being at home. They’ve only won once in the league and have been beaten by Yate, Truro, Supermarine, Met police recently shipping 17 goals.
Beaten Potton, Wingate & Finchley and Herne Bay in previous rounds.
Potential banana skins maybe, but if we turn up we should turn them over. Hopefully I’ve not put the kiss of death on it now!!

03/10/2022 9:03 PM  #15

Yes, clearly a very good draw, lower league opposition on a surface that seems to suit us. Their form is very interesting, a good cup run already but poor in their league. I just about remember when we beat them 4 years ago, if memory serves Hendon were poor and we went 4-0 up? Unfortunately that has no bearing on this years tie! Great opportunity.

Last edited by Chipp54 (03/10/2022 9:03 PM)

04/10/2022 1:52 PM  #16

Im confident Gary and Matt won’t let us make any mistakes  and mess this game up.  And that we get the chance of a bigger side in the next round.  Thats when the serious money could flow into the club  😎

07/10/2022 11:21 AM  #17

Just had a look on Hendon website at their results.Lost six league games at start of season, but haven’t been beaten in last five cup and league games.They don’t seem to score many goals,hopefully that will continue when we play them.

07/10/2022 4:21 PM  #18

I see Hendon have managed to get their midweek match v Beaconsfield on 11th October postponed because of their involvement in F A Cup. Assume this is with the blessing of their league. Not that we probably wanted to but would the National South have agreed to postpone our game against Slough where we rested several players before our fa cup game with Met Police.

Last edited by Charlie Bird (07/10/2022 4:25 PM)

07/10/2022 5:42 PM  #19

Fair play to their league but I wouldn't expect it from the NL. Anything that gives the underdog a leg-up is fine by me to be honest. We should be good enough to turn over Met Police without a break.

07/10/2022 6:32 PM  #20

BlackpoolBluebird wrote:

Fair play to their league but I wouldn't expect it from the NL. Anything that gives the underdog a leg-up is fine by me to be honest. We should be good enough to turn over Met Police without a break.

Yes fair dos to them though interestingly (as yet) WSM’s game v Dorchester is going ahead.

Board footera