BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/9/2022 1:19 PM  #1

Met Police

In the next round so on our best behaviour

20/9/2022 1:24 PM  #2

Re: Met Police

Away, but have to be happy with that, they are not pulling up any trees in Southern Premier, brother in law lives in the area and says they have outstanding playing surface. A full supporters coach hopefully. 

20/9/2022 1:41 PM  #3

They're fifth currently so not doing too badly

20/9/2022 4:58 PM  #4

An away tie which is always a bit of a stinker however, in terms of opponent, that could have been much worse. An SPL side that will definitely fancy themselves at home on an incredible surface which will no doubt force our lower league opponents to have a good go at us, leaving space and allowing us the advantage of being ‘hopefully’ better footballers.

Shouldn’t be looking past rounds either but with many teams below us drawing each other, this could result in another ‘Whyteleafe’ style 4QR with the 1st Round Proper a big target this year and of course, going reasonably well in the league. This could be a big few weeks for Horgs and his men.

A decent result from our next two league games and a win against the Met in the FA Cup and I think there can be no doubts that this would be our best ever start to a season and Gary deserves a lot of credit for that. Footballs a results business and clearly since taking the reigns, he has been producing results and big moments for the club. What a guy!

21/9/2022 10:28 PM  #5

TheVoice wrote:

An away tie which is always a bit of a stinker however, in terms of opponent, that could have been much worse. An SPL side that will definitely fancy themselves at home on an incredible surface which will no doubt force our lower league opponents to have a good go at us, leaving space and allowing us the advantage of being ‘hopefully’ better footballers.

Shouldn’t be looking past rounds either but with many teams below us drawing each other, this could result in another ‘Whyteleafe’ style 4QR with the 1st Round Proper a big target this year and of course, going reasonably well in the league. This could be a big few weeks for Horgs and his men.

A decent result from our next two league games and a win against the Met in the FA Cup and I think there can be no doubts that this would be our best ever start to a season and Gary deserves a lot of credit for that. Footballs a results business and clearly since taking the reigns, he has been producing results and big moments for the club. What a guy!

Agreed voice. By my maths he has a 52% win ratio and that’s with a reduced budget and someone else’s squad.  We also now pass the ball more rather than run around chasing long balls.

Thank god Mike Cooke walked out!!

22/9/2022 1:48 PM  #6

Not somebody else’s squad is it, but credit due and a little tough on Mike I think.

23/9/2022 9:59 AM  #7

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t share this same thank god Mike Cook left opinion. I quite like Mike, all I’m saying is that Gary has come in, steadied a ship that could easily have been rocked and is steering it forward.

Reg, you can definitely assume Gary didn’t have much to do with recruitment during his time under MC so it’s definitely someone else’s squad. Every person that’s ever shared a dressing room with Horgs has praised his influence, perhaps we are seeing what people meant now he has the top job!

24/9/2022 9:28 PM  #8

Reginald74 wrote:

Not somebody else’s squad is it, but credit due and a little tough on Mike I think.

Gary has signed Matt Jones, Joe Parker, Tom Mehew, Aaron Simpson, Eddie Jones and Will Tizzard.

Santos, Young, Hanks, Gunner, Russe, Griffiths, Hamilton, Richards, Henry, Bray were all inherited.

The lad from City (name escapes me) has been and gone - Greenslade has replaced him.  He’s used Bradbury, King, Golding and Coppin from the academy.

So maybe not completely MC squad but a large chunk is which is never easy. Our style has changed. Football under Mike Cooke was horrible and his (and support staff) general engagement with officials/fans was obnoxious.  If he had stayed, there is no doubt in my mind that we wouldn’t have made the play offs and that we would see no academy players in the team as he only used Ola. From what I understand Caine Bradbury has been around for a long time!!

Good riddance.

Board footera