BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/4/2022 9:26 PM  #1

NLS Attendances

Noticed that we're further down than we should be going by town size and the like. Would be great to get more bums on seats so to speak.

02/4/2022 9:43 PM  #2

Re: NLS Attendances

Agree with that it’s a embarrassing stat, we were getting that figure when in the Rudge era.

03/4/2022 6:19 PM  #3

Unfortunately we only have a handful of games that could be regarded as local and, with the exception of Bath, the stats show  those clubs do not have a large fanbase.so limited opportunity to boost our average.
What is interesting is that Bath who face the same geographic situation as us have an average of 1200- perhaps a relegation  battle attracts more interest than playing for the lower play-off spots.

03/4/2022 9:20 PM  #4

Over 1700 for that Man U Legends game need to tap into that. Because the numbers are there.
Club did a great job in that game, create friendly atmosphere with plenty of beer flowing on the Sheldon end terrace.

Now to market it for next season.
Community Day.
Real ale/beer promotions.
Entry Fee and pint promotions.
Etc,etc

04/4/2022 9:06 PM  #5

Wellard wrote:

Over 1700 for that Man U Legends game need to tap into that.

An idea might have been to give half price admission to the game this Saturday for those who attended the legends game, a potential extra 1300 for a big game and some of those might decide to come back regularly

12/4/2022 10:33 PM  #6

When chippenham were in the southern premier league we had bigger crowds why...
1.going for promotion, title.
2.front two sandell and pratt.
3.scoring goals for fun .
4.players you knew each week.,not another loanee,
The novelty has worn off I think of being in this league, the public have realised we have hit our limit.
Classic case of,a good established  club in a league, not going up or down. So stuck in a rut, low fan numbers, low budget.
My opinion

12/4/2022 10:53 PM  #7

Big attendance for Taunton tonight.

13/4/2022 8:47 AM  #8

The professor wrote:

The novelty has worn off I think of being in this league, the public have realised we have hit our limit.
Classic case of,a good established club in a league, not going up or down. So stuck in a rut, low fan numbers, low budget.
My opinion

One I share for sure. 

13/4/2022 9:52 AM  #9

The professor wrote:

Classic case of,a good established  club in a league, not going up or down. So stuck in a rut, low fan numbers, low budget.
My opinion

We had all of these issues whilst we were in the Southern League too it’s important to remember.

We were stuck there for 18 years, had plenty of players on loan throughout a season, we certainly didn’t have that much bigger crowds in the three/four years prior to winning the title.

This certainly isn’t a new problem, looks like the club have got some new faces trying to work on getting bodies through the turnstiles, but we all know the easiest way to do this is by winning football matches and competing at the top, which we are a long way from doing.

Last edited by 96chipp (13/4/2022 9:55 AM)

13/4/2022 10:20 AM  #10

The professor wrote:

My opinion

If you actually turned up you'd know the players, majority of whom have been starting every single game cos we have a small squad

Board footera