BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/1/2022 11:11 PM  #11

Re: Bath City game

Disappointed result today but still 7th in the league. I know we’ve played more games than anybody but we are still 7th and I would rather have that than games to play other still have to win. I think we have to thank the Chairman and Mike we have another season in this league were not going anywhere. Pride and passion onwards and upwards

03/1/2022 12:07 AM  #12

Some major talking points from across the two games. But the salient fact being across two legs of the Derby, they did enough for the 6 points. Mistakes are a part of football, bad decisions are a part of football and missed chances are a part of football. It sucks that they had to accumulate over the two games to make it a rather s**t outcome for Chippenham supporters in the derby but we are bigger than two games and how we respond as a club, a staff and supporters is now crucial to how the season ends! It’s a big couple of months now for games at home, let’s get there, show our support and cheer our lads home as always! Another month like December despite the negative result against Bath and we laughing and staying put in the race for the top half!

Last edited by TheVoice (03/1/2022 12:07 AM)

03/1/2022 10:44 AM  #13

BlueBird Bob wrote:

Rubbish today. Paid the price for not rotating the squad slightly over the last week.

Hanks looked shot, Ricky miles off it. Gunner looks like he’s had a good Christmas too! Henry errors didn’t help either.

Felt we got killed in wide areas as we were always outnumbered.

He doesn’t seem to trust our u23 players on the bench - bringing them on when the game is almost gone, so I think either magic up some money and sign 4/5 players or he needs to get on with it and play them.

Annoyed by the manner of today’s defeat.

I think it’s totally unfair to criticise the boys too much today. Not much between the teams , none of us like the defeats and especially to Bath , but the boys ran their hearts out against Hungerford on a really heavy pitch and came away with a great result and even in the Bath home game again they gave everything. They didn’t get a break like Bath did so of course the boys looked tired and it showed . If you looked at the stats you will see the amount of ground they covered in those games, especially Gunner!

03/1/2022 12:45 PM  #14

Disappointing but not end of the world. I was with Bath contact and surrounded by their fans (all good natured). Their fans were frustrated at the length of time we were taking over goalkicks etc and slowing game down. Actually the tactic seemed to work as Bath seemed to be losing momentum until the events in the last few minutes before half-time.
In the 2nd half Bath were in control and saw out the game quite comfortably. Bath fans believe their side is a lot better than their league position shows but accept  too often they have failed to turn pressure into goals. Unfortunately against us that problem  was not apparent.
Still feel we are punching above our weight so no need to feel too despondent. Results  overall  have shown we can compete in this league and every side need to plan for a competive game when the play us. 

03/1/2022 1:26 PM  #15

Barmar wrote:

BlueBird Bob wrote:

Rubbish today. Paid the price for not rotating the squad slightly over the last week.

Hanks looked shot, Ricky miles off it. Gunner looks like he’s had a good Christmas too! Henry errors didn’t help either.

He doesn’t seem to trust our u23 players on the bench - bringing them on when the game is almost gone, so I think either magic up some money and sign 4/5 players or he needs to get on with it and play them.

I think it’s totally unfair to criticise the boys too much today. Not much between the teams , none of us like the defeats and especially to Bath , but the boys ran their hearts out against Hungerford on a really heavy pitch and came away with a great result and even in the Bath home game again they gave everything. They didn’t get a break like Bath did so of course the boys looked tired and it showed . If you looked at the stats you will see the amount of ground they covered in those games, especially Gunner!

We don’t see the stats, if they were showing tired players then bring in fresh legs with the u23s, don’t compliment players for running their hearts outs, that’s what they are meant to do. Not much between the two sides, aggregate score 6  1. 

03/1/2022 2:42 PM  #16

Reginald74 wrote:

Barmar wrote:

BlueBird Bob wrote:

We don’t see the stats, if they were showing tired players then bring in fresh legs with the u23s, don’t compliment players for running their hearts outs, that’s what they are meant to do. Not much between the two sides, aggregate score 6  1. 

I would rather praise them than batter them ! Especially when they do deserve it . The aggregate score was never a true reflection of the two teams  , but sometimes in football it happens and you can not just bring a load of u23’s into a game like that . But you pay your money so you’re entitled to your opinion , as we all are and that’s why we love it so much !

Board footera