BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/12/2021 8:41 PM  #11

Re: Hungerford

Wellard not of the same opinion regarding Will Henry then Jono, football and opinions ehh.  

28/12/2021 9:08 PM  #12

Reginald74 wrote:

Wellard not of the same opinion regarding Will Henry then Jono, football and opinions ehh.  

No not first half much better 2nd TBF.
And Ethan Hill needs to start at left back, why he didn’t against Bath is anyones a guess. #Edit# was I’ll I’m told
Also we need to find a replacement for Alex Bray, Hamilton played at right back  and struggled early doors with the pace of Sol wanju-Smith.
Tricky young lad, someone we should keep an eye on.

Last edited by Wellard (28/12/2021 11:22 PM)

28/12/2021 10:11 PM  #13

A punchy post-match interview from Mike Cook, and it is a really good watch. Clearly cares and puts some perspective on just how much we are punching above our weight this season. Well done all, on to Bath.

28/12/2021 10:24 PM  #14

Gerry Gill s face was a picture when the second goal went in. It didn’t take him long to leave when the third one went in. Walked passed us behind the goal to cheers. He’s afraid very afraid. Roll on Sunday 😂😂😂

28/12/2021 11:14 PM  #15

96chipp wrote:

A punchy post-match interview from Mike Cook, and it is a really good watch. Clearly cares and puts some perspective on just how much we are punching above our weight this season. Well done all, on to Bath.

Mike Cook  punchy, look forward to seeing that, about time too, needs  to show a bit more life and personality.

29/12/2021 12:04 AM  #16

Unable to go so can't comment on the game but result would indicate we put in a real performance.
A draw at Bath would mean a decent return for the Xmas period.  As others have said 4-1 flattered Bath although that view is probably influenced by our 2nd half performance. Apart from their goal Bath also hit the bar and missed a gilt edged chance  in the first half so we were fortunate, perhaps, to go in only 1-0 down.
Anyway after today provided we can perform over 90minutes  we can go to Twerton with real optimism. Nice to think their manager saw the real Chippenham Town

Last edited by Sandell's Sandal (29/12/2021 12:05 AM)

29/12/2021 12:40 AM  #17

96chipp wrote:

Just seen it, seemed a bit defensive. Guess us "keyboard warriors" paying fans shouldn't ever say anything negative about the team!

29/12/2021 1:14 PM  #18

Absolute joke! We should rename him the ‘special one’! How dare he react like that! I guess that why he is a CS manager and not PL/EFL.
Forum users- please refrain from any negativity about Chippenham on this forum (or you will be vilified and delete).

29/12/2021 2:02 PM  #19

A bit of a disappointing response from Mike I think. If he doesn’t like Criticism then he’s probably in the wrong job.
I wasn’t one of those calling for he head but I think he might be missing point a little.
For me it was never about those 3 defeats , it was more about our style of play and poor recruiting.
Lumping the ball up to the big man who couldn’t trap a fart was not what people wanted to watch, and the poor defeats just highlighted this. Crowds dropped etc..etc…
Now in most games we play ‘more’ football and the crowds are starting to increase.
But what happens when the Swindon lads return to parent club?
What happens next season. I personally don’t what to see journey men return to the club.
Plenty of young hungry players out there in the lower divisions.
Just look at Sol Wanju-Smith, camefrom Slimbridge.

Last edited by Wellard (29/12/2021 7:55 PM)

29/12/2021 5:23 PM  #20

I don’t think that the takeaway from that is never critique. But just look at the responses to a 3-0 win against a Hungerford side that were playoffs last year. We go away, win 3-0, clean sheet, 3 points and all this after a crushing defeat to Bath. And not one person is out here going “Well done to the staff” they’ve picked the troops up and got them ready for a game 48 hours after being beat. No one is saying “Great football” we are picking holes in it suggesting it was undeserved the way we “claim” Bath were undeserving of 4-1. We have a real issue with negativity at the club, nothing is good enough, even a 3-0 win away from home at a tough Hungerford side! I personally like Mike, I’ve got to know him well and if you speak to his players, a vast majority really have faith in what he does and what he brings to the table. I don’t think it’s beyond expectation from him as our manager, selected by our Chairman to be backed by our supporters. Bad results hurt, bad games hurt but let’s not forget as supporters we aren’t alone in that hurt. The gaffer, the board, the players, they feel that hurt. We are too small a club to be divided, we are stronger together! Now let’s go to Bath and get our revenge and if it goes right, rejoice in it, celebrate it. If it doesn’t, keep faith in what we can do. Loans will come and go. More than ever I would suggest we aren’t reliant. We have an academy streamlining good young players like Hilly and Ola into the first team. When Ricky and Harry go back, we may miss them. However, imagine the time we would have had without them. Loans are part of football at this level. As for Sol, Sol was looked at whilst at Slimbridge, he was about 3 inches shorter and a stone lighter and a total lightweight. He has bought his physicality up through hard work but had we signed him, would we have sat through a year of him being pushed off the ball and bullied? No, we would be calling someone an idiot for signing him. Are we starting to see how it’s impossible to win sometimes? The only way to succeed is by chucking a more positive approach to our support, our work at the club and CTFC in general! Frustration and rage are easier to find following a football club, it’s true supporters that can ride the bad times and stay supportive through hard times. Come on blues, we got this!

Board footera