BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/10/2021 10:37 PM  #1

Eastbourne

Decent point taking all into consideration, 3 lost or 1 gained?

17/10/2021 9:48 AM  #2

Re: Eastbourne

Reginald, old chap, just the gentlest of nudges here... and I had only the rudiments of elementary arithmetic beaten into me  by a cane-swinging sadist... but perhaps 2 points lost might sail slightly closer to the truth.  That said, I'd say with only ten players on the pitch for the majority of the game,  a draw would happily be accepted  ... despite the fustration of a last minute penalty concession. Young Aguiar ( Wrath of God?) sounds promising?

17/10/2021 10:38 AM  #3

You can tell it was a good result by how quiet it was on here 😄😄

17/10/2021 2:53 PM  #4

It's always going to be quiet on here after an away game where very few travelled. People like to comment on what they see so it's always going to be busy after home games. Unfortunately the away form is decidedly better than the home form at the moment so that's why there has been a lot of negative comments recently. Not being there I only know the basic facts about yesterdays game but it seems like a very good away point, something to build on.

17/10/2021 7:11 PM  #5

Good point away from home. Now let’s do it at home.

Watched the post match interview, someone’s obviously reading the forum or being told whats on it.

17/10/2021 8:01 PM  #6

Wellard wrote:

Good point away from home. Now let’s do it at home.

Watched the post match interview, someone’s obviously reading the forum or being told whats on it.

I noticed that too.

20/10/2021 9:43 AM  #7

Space Raider wrote:

You can tell it was a good result by how quiet it was on here 😄😄

The first time I have audibly laughed at a comment on this forum.. 

The honest answer is it's both! At the start of the game, I wanted all 3 points, these lot are in the bracket of teams we could be beating and to have a good season at the top end of the table, we need to beat teams like Eastbourne. However, after a bright start, being pegged back with the goal and then a clear cut red card after 15 minutes, any single Chippenham fan would have snapped your hand off for a point. However, we then went on to dominate the game. We got back into it with the penalty, Aguilar winning it and winning it well and then in the rest of the half that followed it was all Chippenham, striking the post, looking dangerous on the counter whilst never looking threatened at the back. Second half, same story. We came out, bossed the key moments and got in front deservedly, hard work from Jackson again the silent necessity in going 2-1 up and only then did Eastbourne look like they had any urgency. From that perspective, holding out the way we did for as long as we did with 10 men, it was disappointing to concede late on especially under the circumstances where it seemed the referee was just content with giving the first spot kick he had the opportunity to give with their bench and supporters clearly on top of him for the whole game despite the referee having a fairly solid game getting all key decisions correct. It's important to state if it feels like 2 points dropped, it was only because of the staff tactics and changes in being brave enough to stay in the race despite being a goal and a man down and most importantly the players who grafted so hard to make up for that lost man, they not only stayed in the game but gave themselves a huge chance of winning it. These are the same players that a week ago came under scrutiny from all for not being up to par, or putting enough effort in and whilst I appreciate "People comment on what they see" this forum should be buzzing with people congratulating those players and staff on a job well done after coming into such adversity so early in the game. You don't have to be there in person to know the boys did us proud Saturday. However, like we all know, it's much easier to sit there and be negative. I wonder how many more comments we will see after we play one of the strongest teams in the League in Hampton on Saturday..  

22/10/2021 3:29 PM  #8

I’m not sure posting negative comments is always easier, just that most comments come after a home game and they have happened to be very poor.
The next few weeks will tell us a lot, playing top and bottom end of the league.

Board footera