BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/10/2021 4:27 PM  #1

Welling

And people wonder why they can't get more through the turnstiles, I've had enough and on my way home, pathetic.

Last edited by Kevthebike (09/10/2021 4:28 PM)

09/10/2021 6:11 PM  #2

Re: Welling

What a dreadful performance that was
. Had a chance to pull one back with penalty but the penalty taker has only been on the pitch for a few minutes and was not up to pace of game.
The disallowed goal was clearly off side so no hard luck stories please
Is it time for a change of management?

09/10/2021 6:15 PM  #3

Deserved nothing.

Relegation fodder right now - something has to change. There is no structure and cohesion to our play, we lack teamwork and we cannot finish the half chances we create, whilst anyone can walk through our defence and score.

09/10/2021 6:21 PM  #4

Big month ahead, playing Braintree and Hemel. Lose those two and it will be difficult for the Chairman not to act.

09/10/2021 6:37 PM  #5

Another very bad day, and very depressing to watch my team play as badly as that again. The Alarm bells are ringing very loudly. It’s hard to see where a win will come from after that performance against a very average Welling side.  Something needs to change quickly 😩😎

09/10/2021 6:41 PM  #6

*Warning:  The following  is likely to be a contrarian view.*

His Lordship left this game having got what he asked for but not what he wanted; namely, an improved performance but nonetheless a defeat. The Bearded Wonder, unusually animated and opinionated, and no doubt inflamed by the two tots of pre-match Benromach 15, concurred fully with his employer that some semblance of order had  returned the The Thonbury Surfacing Park Ltd after the debacles of the previous week. On our return to the ancestral home we were to discover, as if in sympathy, that at 4.55pm Her Ladyship had retired to bed suffering mild concussion after a tree-felling mishap.  ( not for the dirst time). At nearly 80 years of age, her chain-sawing days I fear are becoming  numbered.

His Lordship's Inexpert Analysis 5:

Overall:  the better team  did not win.  The team who counter-attacked directly and took their 3 chances, did.

WUFC:  an unexceptional side, largely toothless except for their two (3?) pony-tailed frontrunners who ran directly at us and with purpose. Were eminently beatable otherwise.

CTFC:  Looked more like themselves... more combative and less panicked and hurried on the ball.  I suddenly realised we had a midfield after all,  where with more intensity ( Master Russe) and greater craft  (Master Hanks)  they started linking between the back three and the  frontrunners  instead of watching hoofed hopeful balls fly over their heads. Apart from the goal, we had 5 good chances - two of them golden- none of which we took.  D Greenslade Esq caught the eye and worked well down the left flank with Messrs Russe and Jackson.  Young Santos caught the eye, too.   We have played worse than this and won games in recent years.

Conclusion: like Her Ladyship, I experienced a sense of mild concussion after the game. Relegation fodder?  No.... far too early to even think about it.

His Lordship will be returning to Westminster and the red benches next month, but to the certain  disappointment of his fellow correspondents, will continue to post from the Lobby.  Meanwhile, The Bearded Wonder, the Bard of Chippenham-upon- Avon might well turn his silken literary skills to recording the drama, elation and despair of being a supporter of our beloved CTFC. Or he may not.......?

09/10/2021 6:54 PM  #7

HisLordship wrote:

*Warning:  The following  is likely to be a contrarian view.*

His Lordship left this game having got what he asked for but not what he wanted; namely, an improved performance but nonetheless a defeat. The Bearded Wonder, unusually animated and opinionated, and no doubt inflamed by the two tots of pre-match Benromach 15, concurred fully with his employer that some semblance of order had  returned the The Thonbury Surfacing Park Ltd after the debacles of the previous week. On our return to the ancestral home we were to discover, as if in sympathy, that at 4.55pm Her Ladyship had retired to bed suffering mild concussion after a tree-felling mishap.  ( not for the dirst time). At nearly 80 years of age, her chain-sawing days I fear are becoming  numbered.

His Lordship's Inexpert Analysis 5:

Overall:  the better team  did not win.  The team who counter-attacked directly and took their 3 chances, did.

WUFC:  an unexceptional side, largely toothless except for their two (3?) pony-tailed frontrunners who ran directly at us and with purpose. Were eminently beatable otherwise.

CTFC:  Looked more like themselves... more combative and less panicked and hurried on the ball.  I suddenly realised we had a midfield after all,  where with more intensity ( Master Russe) and greater craft  (Master Hanks)  they started linking between the back three and the  frontrunners  instead of watching hoofed hopeful balls fly over their heads. Apart from the goal, we had 5 good chances - two of them golden- none of which we took.  D Greenslade Esq caught the eye and worked well down the left flank with Messrs Russe and Jackson.  Young Santos caught the eye, too.   We have played worse than this and won games in recent years.

Conclusion: like Her Ladyship, I experienced a sense of mild concussion after the game. Relegation fodder?  No.... far too early to even think about it.

His Lordship will be returning to Westminster and the red benches next month, but to the certain  disappointment of his fellow correspondents, will continue to post from the Lobby.  Meanwhile, The Bearded Wonder, the Bard of Chippenham-upon- Avon might well turn his silken literary skills to recording the drama, elation and despair of being a supporter of our beloved CTFC. Or he may not.......?

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that saw the match this way.

09/10/2021 7:20 PM  #8

Does a penalty taker have to be 'up with the pace' of the game to score from the spot? I'm not sure that was a factor in him hitting the post. Not being 'up with the pace' didn't stop our goal scorer from netting his free kick, and he was seldom 'up with the pace.'

09/10/2021 7:53 PM  #9

Credit to Welling, had a plan and took their chances, let’s be honest we are looking a poor team at the moment, no personality, no spirit the fans are miserable quiet and want entertainment. The management players and supporters are so divided, it’s a lot of cash in these difficult times to watch rubbish, change needed Neil. 

09/10/2021 7:57 PM  #10

Reginald74 wrote:

Credit to Welling, had a plan and took their chances, let’s be honest we are looking a poor team at the moment, no personality, no spirit the fans are miserable quiet and want entertainment. The management players and supporters are so divided, it’s a lot of cash in these difficult times to watch rubbish, change needed Neil. 

Any suggestions as regards a new manager? Just asking!

Board footera