BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/9/2021 5:48 PM  #1

Home Vs Ebbsfleet tonight

Any danger of cancellation due to weather and/or fuel crisis??

28/9/2021 6:49 PM  #2

Re: Home Vs Ebbsfleet tonight

Not that I know of, unless it's a really late call. The pitch drains well, and I just saw some Ebbsfleet fans going into Weatherspoons, so they'll be pretty p..... off if the game is off! 
Cant' see there will be much of a crowd tonight, I'll go for 434.

28/9/2021 6:59 PM  #3

Looks like lower leagues are being affected

Taunton v Yate for example

Fuel supply: Non-league football matches hit by shortages - BBC Sport

28/9/2021 7:05 PM  #4

One of the so called big clubs in town tonight and lots of local games off, great result Saturday, decent amount of away supporters so I will go for 575, I wonder what attendance club budget for ?

28/9/2021 7:07 PM  #5

I’ll go for 385.  No danger of it being off, we’re never waterlogged, not in my memory anyway.

28/9/2021 9:40 PM  #6

Lost 2-5…yes, really! 

28/9/2021 9:58 PM  #7

Didn't deserve to lose like that- players played well, couple of goals and Marlon hitting the bar twice but a couple of mistakes (conditions didn't help) and some great bits of individual play from them gave a pretty nasty scoreline. Bizarrely we played better today than the Poole game but I guess that's the difference between a team in the league below and a full time team with a ridiculous budget. Put it behind us and on to Hastings.

28/9/2021 10:25 PM  #8

Surprised by them,their form coming into the game was poor and as we pride ourselves on our defensive play to let in 5 is disappointing. Weather and the pitch was made for attacking football, chances both ends but overall they were quicker and stronger,  Onto Saturday when I expect us to be exactly that. Poor weather meant poor attendance.

28/9/2021 11:16 PM  #9

Can’t have any complaints when you’re beaten by a better side, and they clearly were.  One or two goals were gift wrapped but overall we were second best though we kept going, which is to our credit.  Had the header gone in and not hit the bar at 2-4 then we might have had a grandstand finish but they were clinical and should be up there with Dartford come the end of the season.

28/9/2021 11:28 PM  #10

Some people clearly watching a different game to the one I saw. We were second best in all positions from the outset and our goal before half time was really our only meaningful attack. Their movement as a team going forward and desire was way better than anything we offered. They looked dangerous every time they came at us and we did well to restrict them to 5 goals. We sat too deep and had no midfield link or width to our attack. If we had a plan it wasn't working and I can only assume too many of the team and staff have half an eye on the cup game but morale for that will have taken a hammering tonight. I hope we haven't taken a win for granted

Board footera