BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/5/2021 5:21 PM  #11

Re: Farewell...

Will Henry has been released by Bath so wonder if he might be  Puddy's replacement.

28/5/2021 3:43 PM  #12

Please no more Bath hand-me-downs

01/6/2021 1:22 PM  #13

Wellard, another man's trash and all that mate. Fact is players coming via Bath isn't always the worst thing for us. They might fit the system that want to play in, they might be brilliant for us whilst being let go from them. Believe me it also might be a personality clash with the management at Bath which a lot of former players have cited as a reason for seeking pastures new. Of the current Bath squad I cannot imagine many will be wanted by CTFC mostly because their better players seem to be going up following loan moves. Wilson, Smith etc. I think Freddie Grant is a class player I would take him at LB but then I thought he was class for Wealdstone as well. Other than that, there aren't many I would take. Will Henry was only ever cover for us as an option for Swindon but would rarely have threatened our first choice keepers when fit so I wouldn't take Henry as a long term option. I guess we will just have to see what happens over the coming months with recruitment. One thing I do believe is it will be better than previous years, far too many players coming out of contract wanting to stay in the game, it's less competition now, might even be affordable for the lower budget clubs to compete for these little diamonds falling from the top table.

01/6/2021 4:10 PM  #14

Valid points Voice, I take the goalie viewpoint, Henry would have been made someone’s no 1 by now, not seen much of Grant but I think the troublesome left back position will be taken by Vince Harper ex City player who’s had various loans Bath included, I and the crew were hoping for Folston to return. Huge fallout of players available in all areas so I suppose it’s wait and see. 

01/6/2021 5:08 PM  #15

We have taken a number of players following release from Bath.  Like all players t here are a number of reasons for release  but usually it is simply having a decent player  having to be second choice to an even better option. At our level most clubs can not afford the luxury of 2 players for every position so one has to be released..
 I was surprised to see Freddie Grant being released but it may be that travelling has become more  of an issue as Covid requirements  may have meant players looking to play more locally.
As Voice said  Bath's Donovan Wilson, even if  available,  would be more likely to go higher especially after his goals probably made the difference for Sutton pipping Torquay.  

Last edited by Sandell's Sandal (01/6/2021 5:09 PM)

03/6/2021 4:40 PM  #16

How do you delete a post. Asking for a friend ;) Welcome Will Henry to CTFC on a permanent basis

03/6/2021 5:44 PM  #17

Ok signing, not in the Puddy class unfortunately.

03/6/2021 8:04 PM  #18

Alex Bray, Danny Greenslade, Joe Hanks, Marlon Jackson and Luke Russe all confirmed signed on for next season.

Hanks and Russe are both exceptional so that's great news, Bray a good player as well and Marlon looked good when fit. Sure some of us forgot about Greenslade as he was injured throughout the entirety of last season bar a couple of games but he could be the answer to the 'problem' left back position mentioned earlier?

07/6/2021 12:04 PM  #19

Coupled with the Greenslade resigning for another year news, the rumours surrounding Freddie Grant can be put to bed with the announcement this morning that Grant has signed for the Rebels of Slough Town FC.  A good full back and given the loss of key players at Slough this season, will come as welcome news for their fans.. 

12/6/2021 5:03 PM  #20

My Bath City supporting friend has told me that 2 other players have left  the club. Donovon Wilson was no surprise  has he has been  sold  to Sutton but Frankie Artus was an unexpected departure.  He is locally based so could well be heading this way.

Board footera