BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/3/2021 11:57 PM  #11

Re: National South 2021-2022 to start on...

Not sure how you can judge any player on the season we have just had.

Would like to see a bit more height in the squad.
Would like to see a creative midfielder in the squad.
Would like to see a 20 goal striker in the squad.

Oh hang on, so does every other team ;-)

26/3/2021 10:16 AM  #12

With the break and the money from the grant given to us I would think we are to have a very good playing budget, that may see less loan players who I expect were free last season. I agree short term loans are not that beneficial. 

26/3/2021 12:23 PM  #13

Jesus Christ Reginald! Do you honestly think the club is financially better off after the debacle of last season! The National League promised grant money that subsided when they then forced clubs to play before finally coming to their senses and throwing the season out! Our playing budget for next season is going to the same as most people, predicated on their board, the hard work of any commercial activity and players being able to be put on deals that are financially viable. 

I find it a little hard to comprehend the person I find myself agreeing most with these days is Wellard! Did I change? Did he? Who knows but maybe this is the dawning of a new era! As for the loan market, whilst it is not the most advisable thing to rely on as a long term structure. It is time honoured and tested method of ensuring players come to the club and aid their own development whilst being of benefit to the club. Most recently Twine and Haines were classic examples of this, developing themselves at Chippenham whilst contributing to our own aims. Jake Andrews was another coming down the stretch in the Southern Prem, there is benefit to it and yes of course it sucks when the player can be called back and it's never good to rely on these players as strategy but I personally don't dislike the option. And for what it's worth. Loans are NEVER free. We always have to foot the bill especially with the EFL clubs like Swindon, Exeter, Bristol Rovers, they don't just send out these players for the fun of it. 

Board footera