BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/2/2021 4:16 PM  #1

Bristol Road Cycling Scheme to be removed

I've just read on the Wiltshire Gazette & Herald website, that the Cycle Lane running down the A420 Bristol Road, is to start to be removed as from March 1st 2021, which I assume includes the stretch running parallel with HP into town. Strangely enough there is no mention of the double yellow lines being removed as well though. I know the Council love to spend our hard earnt Council Tax contributions at will, but this has to be one of biggest waste of money in recent years. To be honest every time I have driven past, which is most days, I have not seen a single cyclist use the scheme - what is that telling you ?

22/2/2021 5:30 PM  #2

Re: Bristol Road Cycling Scheme to be removed

There is a simple solution to the lines that is by putting up time limit signs No Parking 08:00 to 18:00hrs Mon to Fri. That would solve the parking issue on match days and prevent Enterprise from using Bristol road as an overflow car and van park. Too simple for the council.

Last edited by hobgoblin (22/2/2021 5:31 PM)

23/2/2021 3:28 PM  #3

Interesting read if you put title and author together. Don’t strain your back Tone!

Last edited by Charlie Bird (23/2/2021 3:30 PM)

02/3/2021 8:56 AM  #4

have a side project im trying to set up for off road. af16 powered.

has anyone come across any good 10in off road tires that fit without issue? would def appreciate your input

05/3/2021 7:46 AM  #5

Well the 'posts of death' have been removed down the Bristol Road - just need the double yellow lines to be burnt off next - Oh well at least that is a start, but I am not holding my breath on when that will happen !

05/3/2021 11:12 AM  #6

They said that the removal of the lines would depend on the weather. Obviously too dry this week.

10/3/2021 8:57 PM  #7

Yellow lines being removed today.

11/3/2021 11:51 AM  #8

Someone should be held to account for wasting the taxpayer's money on such a ridiculous scheme.

11/3/2021 1:29 PM  #9

That someone lives at No 10 Downing St London

Board footera