BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/3/2021 8:19 AM  #1

Cricket End Stand

With the new seats installed at the Cricket end of the ground has our capacity reduced?
This was one of the large areas where standing fans gathered and created a good atmosphere with the roof on. To me seats are always better at the side of grounds, appreciate ours hands our tied somewhat in our small ground.
Seems a shame to lose it.
What are others opinions on this.
Is additional roof cover going in at the Sheldon end?

03/3/2021 10:16 AM  #2

Re: Cricket End Stand

Capacity significantly reduced I'd say, though the clubs hands were tied as there was a league-imposed March deadline to meet (ridiculous in the current circumstances in my view, but not the clubs fault) and this was the quickest and most cost effective solution.
Roof cover over the school end would be great, as would terracing along the far side of the ground (there's plenty of room for it I reckon) but it all comes down to £££££.  I wouldn't be surprised if there are further plans for ground development but, given the current state of affairs, I'll be just pleased to go back to HP and watch football next season.  

03/3/2021 10:55 PM  #3

Insideleft wrote:

I'll be just pleased to go back to HP and watch football next season.  

Couldn't agree more.

Just a thought, where will the away fans go, and presumably this will affect the tradition of swapping ends at half time?

04/3/2021 10:39 AM  #4

It'll be interesting to see how it works in reality.  The Town End is all seated at the County Ground, but the majority just stand.

Board footera