BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/2/2021 11:48 AM  #1

It may not be over yet

I see the chairman/owner/manager of Dorking Wanderers has sought advice from a QC who claims the National League vote was illegal. He has demanded the league restarts!

24/2/2021 2:46 PM  #2

Re: It may not be over yet

I wonder if the Dorking Chairman/Owner/Manager would be requesting the same advice if his club were second from bottom in the National South ?

24/2/2021 4:22 PM  #3

If they felt the resolutions were unlawful perhaps they shouldn't have voted for them, after all they had 28 days to make sure all was above board.
Would the "Dork"ing supremo have raised the same concerns if the vote had gone the other way? 

24/2/2021 6:48 PM  #4

toyboy wrote:

I wonder if the Dorking Chairman/Owner/Manager would be requesting the same advice if his club were second from bottom in the National South ?

After reading the Wiltshire Times it appears our Chairman may have thought differently of the situation if we had been in the promotion race, interesting.

25/2/2021 10:39 AM  #5

Reginald74 wrote:

toyboy wrote:

After reading the Wiltshire Times it appears our Chairman may have thought differently of the situation if we had been in the promotion race, interesting.

I would suggest this is more an empathetic comment for those who have found themselves in the promotion race during a season where everyone has faced the same challenges. The fact is, without grant money and funding a club can only operate so long behind closed doors. However, if Chippenham were currently sat top of the National South, I would have sold a kidney to fund the season finish. Selfishly, I hoped the season would finish, I was still seeing games at home through a volunteering capacity, watching streams of the games away albeit, not the same but I haven't missed a Chippenham game so far this year. Selfishly, I love my football and the Premier League and stuff just doesn't cut it for me in the same way but this is the right call. August is only a few months away in hindsight and by then hopefully we can come back together safely and be like it was before! 

25/2/2021 7:01 PM  #6

If he thought the vote was illegal or whatever why didn't he abstain from it or raise concerns earlier?

Board footera