BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/12/2020 3:01 PM  #11

Re: FA TROPHY.

All very well having twitter etc, but this morning received the Chippenham newsletter on e mail and no mention about fans returning for the Bath game. It is about time the fans were kept abreast of what is or not happening.  Come on Chippenham Town FC let the fans know what is going on. 

10/12/2020 3:17 PM  #12

There was a very eloquent interview given by Neil on Facebook on Saturday, where he addresses this topic.  The club has many hoops to jump through, mainly for the benefit of our wonderful County Council, before we can let fans back in to HP.  I’m not that optimistic we’ll get to see the Bath game to he honest.
I’m sure some tech-savvy person can put the link to the interview on here so those not on FB can see it.

10/12/2020 3:49 PM  #13

Insideleft wrote:

There was a very eloquent interview given by Neil on Facebook on Saturday, where he addresses this topic.  The club has many hoops to jump through, mainly for the benefit of our wonderful County Council, before we can let fans back in to HP.  I’m not that optimistic we’ll get to see the Bath game to he honest.
I’m sure some tech-savvy person can put the link to the interview on here so those not on FB can see it.

Thanks, hadn't seen this! (it's also on YouTube). Again, without wanting to be critical of the volunteers who run the social media account, while the twitter and YouTube content is very good I don't think it's enough to just link to a YouTube video or site article and expect fans will see every one. There could have also been a few tweets explaining the admitting fans situation - Neil makes a point about us moaning without understanding all the processes the club needs to do, that's because we haven't been told! Also today, the confirmation about away fans not being allowed at Welling could have been said in a tweet but we just get "club statement" with a link. Most people won't click it.

This isn't a moan and hopefully not taken to heart, the clubs social media is very good but would help not just putting some info in only one place.

Last edited by Space Raider (10/12/2020 3:50 PM)

10/12/2020 5:07 PM  #14

This all very well, I am on FB and get twitter on FB but cannot recall anything about fans not coming back to the ground.  It is a pity the club cannot advise on this forum, and the fans would not moan if they were informed on all media including BBC Wilts or even the G&H, if there are many hoops to jump through as has been mentioned, why have other clubs been successful apart from us.

10/12/2020 5:18 PM  #15

If you’re on Facebook then you’ll find the interview with Neil, just as you’ll find the interviews with MC after most games.

As for this Forum it is not officially recognised by the club.  If you enter Chippenham Town FC Ltd on google it’s all on there.

11/12/2020 10:52 AM  #16

So, for all of those who are not on FB, Twitter, Instagram. Here is the link to the interview with Mr Blackmore regarding the return of fans which should offer a little clarity as to why this has been such a big undertaking for not only our club, but contrary to popular belief EVERY club. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWklwKJkHuM 

I think the two big points in this thread are that people (volunteers) for the most part in charge of the socials are not updating supporters enough regarding situations at the club. One thing I would say is there is usually a reason why things are not done, it's very seldom because of reasons that are speculated on here. Take the Tom Harrison loan. So many people saying, that's poor from the club, no update from the club, Bristol City announce it before we do etc. Well, firstly Bristol City pay their social media staff, their actual job is to sit and wait for things like that and report it via their channels. We don't. And second, a lot of people don't know that Tom was supposed to be announced alongside another loan signing completing two days later and it fell through. By this time, Tom has made his debut, City had reported and everyone knew about it anyway. To report it then would be just stupid. 

The other is this misconception that clubs have all gone back to normal and here we are behind everyone. A lot of team played games behind closed doors Saturday and also midweek. Already clubs are under investigation for opening their gates and not following the rules of the documents set by the powers that be. Anyone that witnessed the Dulwich game vs Eastbourne on Tuesday will clearly see what happens when a "devil may care" approach to guidelines is taken. They are going to have supporters booted out of Champion Hill before some clubs ever get fans through the gate! 

I have spoken out in the past against a lot of things I personally felt wrong with the club, I haven't instantly become some born again do gooder, I am still the same annoying twunt as I've always been to many I am sure, to others, not so much. Beauty of life people, we are all different. But, try to understand that for the club and the people running it, this is something they have never had to come through before, even if we were behind because of our own fault, I would like to think certain people in charge have earned the right to a few mistakes. A ship's captain doesn't instantly get thrown overboard if he hits a rock after 10 years of plain sailing. We are at the whim of so many local authorities and regulations that getting supporters back for Bath would genuinely be an achievement that deserved a few corks to pop. So sit tight guys, it is coming, we are nearly back, I can't wait to see some friends, some foes and some new faces. 

FYI, the club distanced themselves from this platform, many years ago. So for those of you that may not be as tech savvy, I have dropped the links to our socials below, bookmark them, make note of them, write them down on your bloody parchments with your ink and quill if so inclined but this is where you will keep up to date with all things CTFC... 

Official Club Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chippenhamtownfootballclub
CTFC Facebook Supporters Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/385006841892012
YouTube (Don't forget to Subscribe) - https://www.youtube.com/user/ChippenhamFCTV
Twitter - https://twitter.com/ChipTownFC
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/chiptownfc/
And of course our Website - https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/chippenhamtown/

If you can't find it on any one of these, my next post I will chuck Neil's home address in and you can just go and ask him if it means that much to you ;) 

11/12/2020 12:47 PM  #17

Thanks for updates Simon (The Voice), where would we be without you, things are a lot more clearer for us non savvy, old timers.  Hope to see you soon.

11/12/2020 1:07 PM  #18

You're welcome mate, although I wouldn't call you a non savvy, old timer in the slightest. 

Last edited by TheVoice (11/12/2020 1:07 PM)

Board footera