BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/11/2020 4:54 PM  #1

Chelmsford City Away

What a fantastic half of football so far. We have looked in total control of the game and where in the past matches we have failed to make that dominance tell. Fantastic work down the left hand side from the very lively Alex Bray led to a slipped through ball to Brad Ash who had the good sense to cut the ball across the face of goal to the grateful Ross Stearn to fire home on 23 minutes and take a 1-0 lead into the second half for the Bluebirds. 

One negative being Alex Bray seemingly picking up a booking for berating a refereeing decision, it definitely couldn't have been for the foul or lack of on the Chelmsford full back who I felt was very lucky the referee stepped in to save his blushes and leaving Bray rightly frustrated. 

Looking forward to the second half, more of the same please and a much needed 3 points to come home from Essex! COYMB!!!

21/11/2020 5:58 PM  #2

Re: Chelmsford City Away

0-2 game over. Fantastic result. Well done Mike and team and all the lads. Have a great trip home.
There will be bluebirds over the White Cliffs of Dover 😂😎

21/11/2020 6:06 PM  #3

The absolute epitome of a strong performance away from home. Game plan executed from whistle to whistle. The first half was a real showing from Chippenham, pressing football to get the goal and head toward the second half in the ascendancy. 

The second half showed a different side to our game and managers tactics. Pressure came from Chelmsford as you would expect and we had to defend well against the squeeze and in particular I thought Hamilton and Greenslade were immaculate today. Parselle as ever totally dependable and didn't lose a single battle and Eddie threw himself in front of everything required and some very important clearances up the line into the danger zone for Ash to hit. 

Cannot really remember Will having much to do and that's a real testament to the defending and clever changes from the bench to introduce Russe and Zebroski for Mann and Stearn. It gave us a real resilience to our game and looked likely to hold out for the 1-0 until a classic counter attacking move from an away side absorbing pressure. A good ball that Bray wouldn't give up and pressed Worgan, took the ball and then I felt the chance was gone when he clipped into Ash and the defender appeared to recover, but he was clever enough not to panic, turned onto his left and slotted the ball past the defender on the line for 2-0 and a very welcome away win for the Bluebirds. 

That's now 4 points in 2 games against Oxford and Chelmsford respectively and Mike's point about losing games to those that are playoff contenders and the importance of picking up points outside of those games looks spot on. I think he got everything right tactically today and we move now to a game at home on Tuesday against Slough who themselves are having an indifferent season and as we all remember from last season, will come to play football, we will need to be at our best again. Then a chance for revenge on Saturday for the fortunate FA Cup victory by Concord when they land at the Park for our first league meeting this season. 

I feel 6 points should be the target here however, I wouldn't be devastated coming out with 4. Let's raise a glass tonight and continue counting those minutes until we are back able to celebrate these moments with our team. Well done everyone.. BLUE ARMY!! 

Last edited by TheVoice (23/11/2020 12:16 AM)

21/11/2020 6:44 PM  #4

Excellent result and a great summary from The Voice. Strange season this the perennial propping up the league Hungerford flying high and our foes from the other direction down the A4 struggling, maybe they should have hung on to Stearn.

21/11/2020 6:57 PM  #5

For me this result was expected, our form has been ok where as Chelmsford’s has been poor at home, we needed a win after poor results, with Slough and Concord who are both struggling November could end very well. 

21/11/2020 7:39 PM  #6

A really good result but with no fans that would certainly of helped us. Even with an athletics track around the pitch it's normally intimidating and noisy.

21/11/2020 7:57 PM  #7

Great result away from home.
Our friends down the A4 pressing the panic button with another couple of loanees, in what is a very unsettled side...Covid not helping them out much either.

Board footera