BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/11/2020 9:00 AM  #21

Re: Streaming

Guess there is no update on this in time for the Slough game tomorrow? There was a quote on the website as mentioned by frank above and Dartford managed to come to our ground and stream the game so I wondered whether we are any closer to every other club in the league and offer streaming.

09/11/2020 11:06 AM  #22

Once again, the lack of live streaming of a home fixture, the Slough game on Tuesday evening, is hugely disappointing to me.

It’s been two weeks since our friends from Dartford live streamed a home fixture from Hardenhuish Park with apparently little trouble setting up and broadcasting the game

As a club, I would have hoped we picked the brains of Dartford streaming team and used their experience to help set up a suitable live streaming for Chippenham home games.

As I said earlier, I am disappointed with the lack of live streaming of home fixtures

09/11/2020 11:34 AM  #23

Agree Frank, as stated previously the club is behind so many with off pitch activities, yes the young lads try and do the best. Financially there is no reason now the league has backed all the clubs with huge grants, where is that money going? Slough tomorrow, 3 points please all, our opponents have conceded a lot of goals so I will go for 3 - 1 Bluebirds.

Last edited by Admin (14/11/2020 3:20 PM)

09/11/2020 11:42 AM  #24

Reginald74 wrote:

Agree Frank, as stated previously the club is behind so many with off pitch activities, yes the young lads try and do the best without help from those above. Financially there is no reason now the league has backed all the clubs with huge grants, where is that money going? Slough tomorrow, 3 points please all, our opponents have conceded a lot of goals so I will go for 3 - 1 Bluebirds.

I think there has been a Statement in the past about how much it costs to run the football clubs wage bill Electricity ground rent and paying the officials don’t think 30k per month even Touches the sides think it means the club is just about able to keep its head above water

09/11/2020 7:43 PM  #25

Donk, I take your point but I would imagine the biggest monthly bill would be the playing wages,  the grant money which was was sent to the club along that with the huge amount the directors would have agreed to at the start of the season all adds up, I am positive the club would have continued in  its original  present state without the grant money due to NB and his board’s input. We also have the bonus of a free weeks money with no game last week. 

09/11/2020 9:13 PM  #26

Have those moaning offered to help? By buying or lending their own equipment? No thought not.
Remember when the question was asked regarding streaming, not many were interested.
As I’ve read the streaming has been hit or miss at other clubs.
I‘be no idea how much this equipment costs but guessing it’s hundreds of pounds rather than tens. So is it worth the outlay for a handful of people?

10/11/2020 8:41 AM  #27

Reginald74 wrote:

Donk, I take your point but I would imagine the biggest monthly bill would be the playing wages,  the grant money which was was sent to the club along that with the huge amount the directors would have agreed to at the start of the season all adds up, I am positive the club would have continued in  its original  present state without the grant money due to NB and his board’s input. We also have the bonus of a free weeks money with no game last week. 

At the end of the day I think nb has put to much money in already why should he put more in it is a Business at the end of the day imagine if you were asked to start paying paying Thousands of pounds a year to keep watching football only for people to come on and slag you off Where would we be if he pulled the plug tomorrow?

10/11/2020 6:13 PM  #28

"Reginald74" are you for real!. You need to be aware that even though we had a "free week" the players STILL had to be paid. Hardly a bonus!!
I'm guessing it costs in the order of £8k a week to run a club at our level.
Can I also suggest that any moaning Minnie's who bought season tickets and are upset that they aren't getting to see any live football so far this season seriously consider just how our club operates from day to day, week to week.
Rant over!!!!

10/11/2020 7:51 PM  #29

Which players get paid then, if all were available to play. 

10/11/2020 10:23 PM  #30

James wrote:

Not sure how much it would cost and what it needs to stream the games but it’s all cost money.

The difference here is, the stream would be a rare opportunity to earn money for the club right now. Home (non-season tickets) and away fans pay a fee to watch, get companies to sponsor at HT etc.

It maybe be a cost, but we have most of the equipment already if we’re filming the games for YouTube. Says a lot that Dartford could just rock up at our ground and stream straight away no hassle.

I take my hat off to those that volunteer, I really do. Fair play to everyone for all the hard work they do as they keep our club ticking.

Board footera