BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/8/2020 5:00 PM  #1

Harrogate Town

Congratulations to Harrogate who beat Notts County today to reach EFL. I remember driving past their ground nine or so years ago think they were in National North. They have an artificial pitch so only have a few weeks to rip it up and replace it with grass or they will not be allowed in League 2. Wonder if they will flog the old one on eBay?

03/8/2020 8:06 AM  #2

Re: Harrogate Town

Will - I think they may have to ground share for a while, until they reinstate grass, if that is allowed in the EFL ? Been on their ground a couple of times, and they have the same issue as HP - the dreaded slope !
I have no idea on timescales to reinstated grass/turf, but I cannot see that being completed and approved by the EFL, before the start of their season.

03/8/2020 8:48 AM  #3

I read that they have organised a ground share in the event of them being promoted, but they haven't announced it yet.  
They can't have a slope these days Toyboy, I assume that was sorted when the plastic was installed.
Probably only a matter of time before the EFL allows the dreaded 3G.  Numerous clubs in Scotland have them.

03/8/2020 10:32 AM  #4

Have been to Harrogate in the last 18 months, can confirm that their 3G pitch did bizarrely have a slope! Tremendous loss to their local community as it was in constant use, even pre-match and post match.

Good club and would be a good model for us to follow, 3G pitch aside. 

03/8/2020 10:46 AM  #5

It’s the finance that the 3G has brought in which has allowed Harrogate to progress, playing budget being no 1, as for following the model do you mean the Chairman having his son as the manager .

03/8/2020 2:46 PM  #6

Well, he's already played at centre half, so I'm sure he won't mind a stint in the dugout either ;)

I would argue that Harrogate are a similar sized club in an even more sport saturated market than we find ourselves in, located on one of the towns main roads, similar to ourselves. A new bar at ground level will give us the opportunity to become a community hub, like Harrogate. Laying the foundations for a potential National League promotion push.

04/8/2020 2:14 PM  #7

Ground share with Doncaster for a month or two apparently

04/8/2020 2:48 PM  #8

96chipp wrote:

Well, he's already played at centre half, so I'm sure he won't mind a stint in the dugout either ;)

I would argue that Harrogate are a similar sized club in an even more sport saturated market than we find ourselves in, located on one of the towns main roads, similar to ourselves. A new bar at ground level will give us the opportunity to become a community hub, like Harrogate. Laying the foundations for a potential National League promotion push.

Hopefully so, bar open 7 days a week I presume. Yes remember his Chairman son playing , think he helped manage Park at one stage without success unfortunately.

Board footera