BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/8/2020 3:06 PM  #1

Luke Russe joins Town permanently

Chippenham Town Football Club are delighted to announce that Luke Russe has re-joined the club on a permanent basis from Bristol Rovers.

03/8/2020 3:16 PM  #2

Re: Luke Russe joins Town permanently

Absolutely incredible signing when you consider the impact he had at the end of last season.. it’s really all starting to come together now!!!

03/8/2020 3:25 PM  #3

Totally agree Voice - an excellent signing, and to capture someone of that quality permanently is clearly showing our intentions for next season. Was very impressed with Luke when he started to play regularly in mid-field last season - Welcome to CTFC Luke, permanently - COTMB

03/8/2020 3:58 PM  #4

Excellent signing, we have assembled the makings of a very good side. Hopefully pushing us towards a playoff place.

03/8/2020 7:46 PM  #5

Agreed, must target the play offs, hope we can secure Twine who really did make a difference.  Chairman and board backing the cause let’s hope we can all get in to Hardenhuish to see it all. 

04/8/2020 12:12 AM  #6

I would be very shocked if Twine returns, 2 strikers added already in Jackson and Ash, Zebroski and Pratt retained if Twiner comes back, I can only imagine it will be if one of the permanents doesn’t work out for some reason. I think in an ideal world if Swindon let us have one of the loans back, it would be Haines. Argument that Russe is similar a player and with Hanks and Gunner in the middle already on permanent deals, and Haines looking like he is going to be around the Swindon squad or maybe pushed to a National League/League 2 team. Maybe we have everything we need now for a good run at the playoffs. A left back is still needed from what I can see, Jay Foulston to my knowledge is still available but it’s looking less likely that a move is on the cards. One thing however is for certain, Mike is making some great signings here and even the most pessimistic CTFC fan will be struggling not to be excited for the return to football!

04/8/2020 12:18 PM  #7

Apparently we have 14 players officially signed-on for next season, including Luke Russe, so clearly the Manager is going for quality rather than signing guys just to make up the numbers. Spoke to a number of people last night following the COVID-19 meeting at the club last night, who have watched a couple of training sessions, and apparently Chris Zebrowski is on fire, and is clearly after a starting place. All the new players look impressive and extremely fit, so all good news at the moment. Personally, I think we need 3/4 more quality signings that will really send out to the rest of the League our intentions for this coming season - I cant wait for us to start - COYMB

Board footera