BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/7/2020 5:56 PM  #1

FA Ratification

The FA have ratified the National League’s decision to relegate ONLY 3 clubs (Chorley, AFC Fylde and Ebbsfleet United). Only the latter is likely to be placed in National South and with Wealdstone and one other being promoted unless a team is conjured out of thin air I presume we will run with one short next season meaning only one team will be relegated. Perhaps someone in the know could advise if this is or likely to be the case or not.

17/7/2020 10:01 AM  #2

Re: FA Ratification

Looks that way Wil.

25/7/2020 12:27 PM  #3

The rumour mill suggesting two sides have applied to National South - no names but guessing it might be Hereford and Gloucester City, with the latter due to play at Twerton Park next season we could well see 22 sides in National South after all.

26/7/2020 8:34 AM  #4

Wil - assuming Gloucester City will get re-located to the NLS, my understanding is that they will be returning to their home ground in the City following the flood damage in 2007, which is either finished after being totally re-built, or very close to being finished ? With regards to Hereford FC, that would be an excellent addition to the NLS if they have applied to be re-located, and a reasonably local game to travel to. If I'm reading yesterday's results correctly, Weymouth and Dartford play each other in the NLS Play-Off Final

26/7/2020 10:16 AM  #5

Semi's over 2 legs I believe.

26/7/2020 10:38 AM  #6

inthebox wrote:

Semi's over 2 legs I believe.

No semis one leg so Weymouth as higher placed team will host one leg final v Dartford

26/7/2020 11:06 AM  #7

Stand corrected 

26/7/2020 7:53 PM  #8

Not sure Hereford are applying to come South, it would be great if they did as that would be another big home game for us. On a selfish note I'm glad Bath never got promoted (again!), same reason as above. Interesting times at the moment, things looking better by the week. Ref previous posts Gloucester's new ground is definitely taking shape, but I'm more interested in our own developments which seem to be coming along nicely. Apparently October 3rd is being rumoured as a starting date for NLS? Anyone heard anything?

26/7/2020 9:19 PM  #9

The North is certainly stronger than the South so I can fully understand their interest in moving South. Interesting that no fewer than 8 teams in the South will be playing on 4g, presume we will be following, it's a huge income stream, as much as I am happy with new facilities, 4g is the way forward.

27/7/2020 7:44 AM  #10

If we were to even considering converting to 4G, we have one massive issue - 'the slope'. My understanding is that to have 4G installed, you need a near as damn it flat surface to start with. The slope on our pitch running diagonally from the top r/hand corner to the Snack Hut corner is approx. 8 feet, which is one hell of a slope to flatten out. Cirencester Town had a similar issue with their pitch when they converted to 4G, but not to the extend of our slope. Their installation cost north of £1 million, with a fair chunk of that attributed to flattening the playing surface. It's a great idea to have 4G installed, with all the future income streams etc., but the initial cost for CTFC to consider this would take years to recover that cost.

Board footera