BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/3/2020 6:45 PM  #1

Trouble down the A4

Now there is no football time to discuss something else..Bath City.
You will have seen recently that they had the planning for the redevelopment of Twerton Park rejected. This was vital for them securing their future with depts of over £1m which are increasing each year.
Now with no football and no income from bar clubhouse etc... they are even more in the shit....currently have asked for fans to purchase tickets for remaining games (which may not go ahead), season tickets fir next year and merchandise.
Finding it hard to have much sympathy when they are clearly living beyond their means I.e. budget rumoured to be twice ours. But do feel for their nicer, less chip on their shoulder fans.
Discuss?

Last edited by Wellard (23/3/2020 9:28 AM)

22/3/2020 1:04 AM  #2

Re: Trouble down the A4

This  post does come across as somewhat gloating in someone else's misfortune.  i am sure Bath City will have ways of dealing with current matters in the same way as we will. Let's face it there is no way we are financing our operations without any gate income so are dependant on financial support from elsewhere. A  good cup run has had immense benefit but without that we would be facing severe problems. 
We are without doubt getting support from the chairman/board but, in the currenrt economic situation, their own business interests will need to be first in line. 

22/3/2020 10:48 AM  #3

Being dependant on financial support from elsewhere is a whole world away from racking up massive debts. When clubs splash the cash in order to get promoted they run the risk of failing to get that big payday that promotion is and consequently have big financial problems that sometimes finish them off. That's the gamble. 

22/3/2020 1:36 PM  #4

They’ve been running with a massive debt for a long time I believe, and they were banking on the redevelopment to put them on a more secure footing.  I’m sure there will, in time, be further modified submissions but in the current climate that’s a long way down the line it seems.  I wouldn’t want to see them go under, far from it.  This current crisis won’t pass without some clubs folding, I’m pretty sure of that.  All we can do is look after our own in any way we can.  

22/3/2020 8:11 PM  #5

Sandell's Sandal wrote:

This  post does come across as somewhat gloating in someone else's misfortune.  i am sure Bath City will have ways of dealing with current matters in the same way as we will. Let's face it there is no way we are financing our operations without any gate income so are dependant on financial support from elsewhere. A  good cup run has had immense benefit but without that we would be facing severe problems. 
We are without doubt getting support from the chairman/board but, in the currenrt economic situation, their own business interests will need to be first in line. 

Not at all gloating,  I do feel for some of their fans but it’s a case of being careful what you wish for.
Plus it’s very topical and we haven’t got much else to talk about!!
I think you are missing the key issue and need to read the post again....£1m in debt, I’d hope our Chairman/board would act before any debt got to those figures. But they continue to over spend even before Covid-19 but that just might be the straw that broke the camels back.

23/3/2020 6:43 PM  #6

They’ll go pop. Full time manager, competitive wage budget and no rich chairman. If it can happen to bury then easily them

23/3/2020 9:03 PM  #7

TindlesFirstTouch wrote:

They’ll go pop. Full time manager, competitive wage budget and no rich chairman. If it can happen to bury then easily them

But that’s not what you want to happen, is it?...surely not?

23/3/2020 10:15 PM  #8

They've always got filmmaker Ken Loach, he must be worth a few quid.

24/3/2020 9:08 AM  #9

I think you confuse Loach with Spielberg? 

Seriously I don't want any club to go under nor any business - there are people's livelihoods as well as cultural communities at stake here.

26/3/2020 1:18 AM  #10

Yorkie wrote:

TindlesFirstTouch wrote:

But that’s not what you want to happen, is it?...surely not?

Of course not but if it happens then it happens - bordering on the edge for years and could have competed at this level with half the budget they spend.

Their supporters will rally, regroup and look forward to the A4 derby against Corsham instead.

Board footera