BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/3/2020 12:20 PM  #1

National League Meeting -

So, the rumour mill is flowing nicely across all socials however, the definitive word is that the National League representatives are meeting again today at 4pm to make a decision after coming into much criticism for the weekend just gone playing their fixtures, in spite of this being the most direct following of Government orders. Players and Spectators were responsible for the decision at the weekend. They all had the option to stay away and surely this should be the case moving forward if Johnson is adamant the best way is caution, self isolation and ultimately herd immunity. However, with many concerned and amid growing fears it is very likely the decision today will be the National League will join the suspended leagues as of today and this of course will be derailing our game Saturday against Billericay and throwing into question any further games for the season. 

Do you think the National League should join the suspension

16/3/2020 1:34 PM  #2

Re: National League Meeting -

It absolutely should have been called off. I can't understand why clubs with less than 100 aren't risking it but the National League thinks they're immune from it. And given some National/North games were postponed its clearly affecting our level, they all should have been postponed after that.

Worrying too is finding out post match two players are in self isolation and the game still went ahead!

16/3/2020 1:36 PM  #3

Dulwich just announced they ain't playing on

Last edited by Space Raider (16/3/2020 1:45 PM)

16/3/2020 1:41 PM  #4

One thing that has never failed to amaze me with our football club is how divisive it is on matters of opinion. Right now the poll stands at 14 Votes, equally split 7 each!! 

16/3/2020 2:26 PM  #5

Ooooh suspension is pulling away, it's a real shame we cannot see the persons voting one way or another in the interest of spirited debate of course.. 

16/3/2020 5:17 PM  #6

Difficult one for me, can't see the sense in cancelling games at our level in terms of risk to public. There were more people on the Train to London on Monday than our average home game.
But once players, managers and support staff start catching it, they will struggle to field teams.

16/3/2020 5:54 PM  #7

In a crazy turn of events the workers have started to finish and come home to the Forum and NO is now is a 54% lead in a vote that thus far has 28 people registered! Cannot promise if this poll gets anymore popular I won't start selling details on to 3rd party telemarketers! ;) 

16/3/2020 6:34 PM  #8

I'm afraid it makes no sense for the leagues above and below to suspend and ours to continue, hard as that will be on club finances

16/3/2020 6:54 PM  #9

TheVoice wrote:

In a crazy turn of events the workers have started to finish and come home to the Forum and NO is now is a 54% lead in a vote that thus far has 28 people registered! Cannot promise if this poll gets anymore popular I won't start selling details on to 3rd party telemarketers! ;) 

Mate public opinion is really not relevant in something like this. Almost none of us are experts in this field.

PM has just now advised against social contact and non essential travel which surely confirms league suspension, but it was obviously inevitable anyway.

16/3/2020 7:04 PM  #10

League suspended until at least April 3rd

Last edited by Charlie Bird (16/3/2020 7:05 PM)

Board footera