BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/3/2020 11:00 PM  #1

The Gods Are Smiling...

Another away win for Havant against Billericay ensures the latter are condemned to staying 4 points behind the Bluebirds again tonight.

Yes we can only focus on ourselves but this season was always going to be determined by how many didn’t finish above us and as it goes, we head to Oxford Saturday with a very real chance of going 11th in the League!

It’s all relative in terms of points because a defeat can chuck us right back in the mix with a couple of results going against us but, 11th in the league looks a lot better than 21st. 3 points away from a 10 position swing! What an absolute rollercoaster we have been sent on!

04/3/2020 10:15 AM  #2

Re: The Gods Are Smiling...

Yes of course, well done to Mike, Hosky, Gary and Marc for their excellent work since coming into the club. Cannot be mentioned enough (as James is clearly trying to display) but, regardless of who or what is at the forefront of this turnaround it's a sensational achievement nonetheless. We have given ourselves every chance. Our run in looks OK, no tougher than anyone else's and a couple of wins against the teams below us, coupled with other results should see us comfortably home. Except for Wealdstone, the other teams we are playing in the Playoff spots we have more than shown we can match this year. Slough, Weymouth, and as for teams around us like Billericay, Braintree, Eastbourne. We all know what we are capable of against those sort of teams. Personally I would hope for about 15 points from these remaining fixtures. This would see us absolutely smash our survival target and hopefully give a strong showing ahead of the next season as to who should and shouldn't be at the club. Personally I think this side at the moment is looking bloody good! I would like to see a few additions and tweaks maybe but at it's core I would hope we retain the majority. 

Board footera