BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/2/2020 11:03 PM  #11

Re: Concord - Home

Reginald74 wrote:

Three points and safe, not that safety was ever in doubt.  

Love your “glass half full” attitude, Reg!

Last edited by Yorkie (26/2/2020 9:57 AM)

25/2/2020 11:41 PM  #12

Wellard wrote:

But let’s not get carried away, we are far from safe.

Assuming Hungerford are doomed it's possibly one from maybe 6-8 teams. In this form and confidence something would have to go quite wrong for us to worse than all 7 other teams.

25/2/2020 11:42 PM  #13

Up to 15th after tonight’s victory.
By the way, don’t expect to see the latest table on the National League site. They will take ages to update it...even though there were only 3 matches tonight. See the table on the BBC site: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league-south/table

Last edited by Yorkie (25/2/2020 11:47 PM)

25/2/2020 11:51 PM  #14

Space Raider wrote:

Wellard wrote:

But let’s not get carried away, we are far from safe.

Assuming Hungerford are doomed it's possibly one from maybe 6-8 teams. In this form and confidence something would have to go quite wrong for us to worse than all 7 other teams.

Only 3 points ahead of Braintree, lose at the weekend and they win, then we are right back in it. Teams below us have games in hand also. Looks a lot better but far from safe. Come back to me after a couple more wins and I’ll agree with you.

26/2/2020 12:05 AM  #15

Thoroughly deserved 3 points, job well done.

26/2/2020 12:53 AM  #16

I thought the first goal was a bit flukey and we were under pressure for most of the first half and so felt we were fortunate to go in at 1-0 HT. Worringly, Jarvis had 3 chances (albeit difficult each time) and failed to put any of them away. Good save from Puddy kept us in it.

We made better use of the slope and wind in the second half than they did and an early 2nd half goal sealed the win. On another day the many, many mistakes that we made would have been punished but agree we did deserve to take all the points. A 3-0 win wont do the goal difference any harm either - if it goes down to the last few games to secure our position this result will be important. 
Well done all

Last edited by newfan (26/2/2020 12:54 AM)

26/2/2020 10:22 AM  #17

Thought the whole team played well, and a great 2 nd goal from Scott Twine.  The difference with this team and management, when we are winning, we do not drop back and try to defend the lead, we keep going looking for the next goal. Great result, shame about the small crowd.

26/2/2020 11:28 AM  #18

Listen I am all for the side of caution and let's be honest no one is celebrating staying up just yet but three wins out of four, unbeaten at home in two, last three wins have all come with clean sheets and only conceded one goal in four games. These are reasons to be celebrating guys! Fact is we are looking like a good side at the moment, last night at no point did Concord look in the game, nor dangerous and we handled them comfortably. Did they make changes? Yes, but that isn't really relevant, you deal with what is in front of you at the time. 

Fact of the matter is, a month ago we called for a big February, won at Hemel, won against Maidstone, a defeat that we were more than competitive in against Welling and now a convincing win against Concord with St Albans mere days away. That game is going to be absolutely vital. With us playing St Albans, Concord playing in the trophy and Welling playing away at Havant. You would think results directly above us as going to favour us. 

Below us, Hungerford host Hemel Hempstead in a game that we probably do with a draw in as an ideal result. Eastbourne are playing Billericay with both teams below us again a draw might benefit Chippenham, Dulwich play Tonbridge and I suppose again a draw or a Dulwich win would be the ideal result for us, Bath can do us a favour by heaping more misery on Braintree and of course with our result if everything goes our way, we can put ourselves within touching distance of the top ten! This league is so strange! 

Very much looking forward now to the weekend, this is a huge game and because of recent results we have given ourselves a real shot of being able to go into this game with the knowledge that our best game would absolutely take them off the park. Let's really get behind the team on Saturday and try and show this club for the best version of itself! #BlueArmy

26/2/2020 11:36 AM  #19

The way I saw it was that Concord never really turned up and it was a good time to play them. That said the team can only beat what's in front of them and I thought they did that well. It makes a nice change to watch the later stages of a game without worrying about the result! I think there are signs of the new coaching methods appearing in our play, particularly going forward. I would still like us to get hold of a good old fashioned winger and we will presumably need a replacement striker for Scott Twine next season, but overall a valuable win and things are moving in the right direction!

As for the relatively poor turnout the forecast was for snow/sleet and plenty of football on the box, so to be expected.

26/2/2020 12:26 PM  #20

TheVoice wrote:

Listen I am all for the side of caution and let's be honest no one is celebrating staying up just yet but three wins out of four, unbeaten at home in two, last three wins have all come with clean sheets and only conceded one goal in four games. These are reasons to be celebrating guys! Fact is we are looking like a good side at the moment, last night at no point did Concord look in the game, nor dangerous and we handled them comfortably. Did they make changes? Yes, but that isn't really relevant, you deal with what is in front of you at the time. 

Fact of the matter is, a month ago we called for a big February, won at Hemel, won against Maidstone, a defeat that we were more than competitive in against Welling and now a convincing win against Concord with St Albans mere days away. That game is going to be absolutely vital. With us playing St Albans, Concord playing in the trophy and Welling playing away at Havant. You would think results directly above us as going to favour us. 

Below us, Hungerford host Hemel Hempstead in a game that we probably do with a draw in as an ideal result. Eastbourne are playing Billericay with both teams below us again a draw might benefit Chippenham, Dulwich play Tonbridge and I suppose again a draw or a Dulwich win would be the ideal result for us, Bath can do us a favour by heaping more misery on Braintree and of course with our result if everything goes our way, we can put ourselves within touching distance of the top ten! This league is so strange! 

Very much looking forward now to the weekend, this is a huge game and because of recent results we have given ourselves a real shot of being able to go into this game with the knowledge that our best game would absolutely take them off the park. Let's really get behind the team on Saturday and try and show this club for the best version of itself! #BlueArmy

Calm down, calm down, I don't think anyone is suggesting that we shouldn't celebrating last nights win, it was a great result and performance. I totally agree with some of the comments made about us being more attacking, under Collier we'd have sat back last night.
There appears to be a new felling about the club, what we the performances and the developments. Ground looks great as you enter it. with the new car park.
But to suggest 'we are safe' as some people on here are, is laughable. 10 games to play with 30 points available. We are not safe until the points are on the board.

Last edited by Wellard (26/2/2020 12:28 PM)

Board footera