BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/2/2020 11:26 AM  #11

Re: Maidstone (Home)

In difficult conditions we played well, team gave everything.  Referee had a good game and two deserved red cards for Maidstone. Their manager was moaning that game should never had been played, but I do not think conditions were any worse than the Dartford game. If I am not mistaken Maidstone changed their keeper at half time, the previous season.  I know one team did.

16/2/2020 12:52 PM  #12

Space Raider wrote:

What is worrying is in the post match interviews MC keeps saying we just missed out on signing a target, I think he said today they've been after 30+ players with little success. Yes, being at the bottom might put some off but we've never struggled this much to sign players before!?

Anyway, result not scoreline was main thing today, yes winning comfortably would have boosted confidence hugely, but the earlier the first goal comes the easier it is. Score that penalty (great save in my view) and second half much different. However how smart were we with a two man advantage? The corners seemed to be all the same and not mixing it up with free men outside the box (yes our goal did come from one which doesn't help my point here...) and we didn't seem as calm or in control as we should have been last 20 minutes. Play the ball from the back to the full backs who had plenty of extra space rather than still kicking it long in such windy conditions 🤦‍♂️

Yes people will dismiss me as overly pessimistic - though I have been more encouraged than most by Cook's start so far - but strangely I came away from FT more annoyed and dismayed than after the 2nd half against Dartford.

Maybe he's trying to sign players of a higher quality then we have before. Anyway great result and you could see what it meant to the team and the fans let's hope he can continue to move the club forward and up the league to safety. 

16/2/2020 1:39 PM  #13

You'd hope signing players better than what we've already got is what we normally do! I got the impression before he wasn't being backed by the club with much transfer/wage funds, who knows 🤷‍♀️

23/2/2020 10:58 AM  #14

Reginald74 wrote:

We were never going down and today confirmed that, always had enough to pick up the points required. Today was about the three points so mission accomplished, glad they only had 9 men, we were busy as always but we still have a lot to do, Hungerford gone and any one from five or six. 

Still think that .

23/2/2020 12:38 PM  #15

Absolutely yes. Will beat Concord on Tuesday  ( Fa trophy last 8 on Saturday) Braintree, Tonbridge, Eastbourne and Hungerford all finishing below us, who the hell did the radio yesterday, where was Will ?

Board footera