BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/2/2020 6:21 PM  #21

Re: Karnell Chambers -

Bluebirds2006 wrote:

hobgoblin wrote:

Typical G&H can't be bothered to report on our great away win at Hemel but are all over the Chambers case. Support your local team ?

Try page 86 "Hemel beaten by Nat's strike"

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I was referring to the web page. However this week a match report was up on the sports page the following day.

16/2/2020 8:11 PM  #22

silver wrote:

This is why I thought it was wrong appointing a person who has been charged with driving into a person and using his car as a weapon.

How can you standby someone who does that, but not someone who may have a gambling problem?

One is a criminal offence, the other is a breach of rules, which is worse?

By suspending Karnell pending the outcome of the investigation, CTFC are probably following F.A guidelines.

Has there been an official statement from the club stating that Karnell will not be supported, if he does have an addiction? 

16/2/2020 8:43 PM  #23

Club don't do statements, they don't want us fans having any information, unless they want something, bricks,budget boost,helpers or volunteers. Karnell should be supported and helped.

16/2/2020 10:08 PM  #24

The club are supporting him are they, have suspended him from the club and training and demanded that he returns all his kit. As said by others, why no statement. 

16/2/2020 10:58 PM  #25

No idea if he has a problem or not but I was told on Saturday at the game that he triggered the investigation by taking a self exclusion break.

Fact is that as a Footballer at this level you cannot bet on matches. Particularly on games in the league you are involved in! 

That will get him the boot. If there is a genuine problem then his self exclusion will help but I don’t expect we are the club to help him.

Rightly or wrongly we don’t have the infrastructure or likely have even thought about it.

17/2/2020 2:06 AM  #26

The whole gambling scenario within football is utterly ridiculous, the FA can’t wait to punish individuals for breaches but are more than happy for probably half the football league sides to be sponsored by betting firms. A complete conflict in my opinion.

Poor lad sounds like he needs help so help him

Last edited by Bluebirds15 (17/2/2020 2:08 AM)

21/2/2020 2:05 AM  #27

Karnell is gone - has posted on Twitter his goodbyes.

21/2/2020 12:39 PM  #28

Heard it on the radio this morning.  Showed very little promise when he was here, could be good, but very light weight.  I expect he will be out of the game for quite a while now.

21/2/2020 1:16 PM  #29

Official Statement.

Karnell's contract with the club has been terminated with immediate effect.

After consideration of the facts provided by the FA and interviewing Karnell, the Board decided that placing bets on Chippenham Town games in which he participated, left the Board and Management Team with a complete lack of trust and confidence in the player and as such amounted to Gross Misconduct.

Whilst the FA are yet to make their decision on the matter, the club fully upholds the FA stance on not permitting players or club officials to place bets on football games, especially ones where they could influence the result of the game.
The Board.

Last edited by BlackpoolBluebird (21/2/2020 1:16 PM)

21/2/2020 1:39 PM  #30

Great shame, waste of a very talented player.

If he's got addictions problems he needs support, but betting on your own team to lose is unforgivable.

Board footera