BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/2/2020 8:54 PM  #11

Re: Hemel (Away)

An excellent 3 points. It's a shame that St Albans won too, but there's nothing we can do about that. 

09/2/2020 12:46 AM  #12

Ah such wonderful tonic three points can be! Very nervy towards the end but something you can expect given how many times it’s not quite happened for us but today is our day! Nice to see everyone smiling and happy at the final whistle! It’s not always been the case this year and a special mention to Jarv! Hard season this year for a lot of reasons and watching him stab home that trademark poachers goal was a perfect medicine for all in attendance from the Blue Army, all 10 of us lol ;) Well done all! Onto Maidstone

09/2/2020 9:33 AM  #13

Interesting post-match interview with MC. Pratty now out injured and Jarv being eased back gently. MC also mentioned calls from the crowd to bring Jarv on. Who might that have been I wonder?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBQEVdK65BU

09/2/2020 9:42 AM  #14

A very needed 3 points, especially with St Albans winning but I still fear the worse.

People will say it’s only results that matter but performances are just as important in the long term as they dictate the majority of your results. We are not passing the ball well, we are not defending well (Puddy again a hero) and I see no evidence of any improvement since new men came in.  Yesterday was a classic Collier type win.

Important week ahead in training, Hemel are bottom of the form guide so got lucky. Could do with playing Bath City next 🤡

09/2/2020 10:30 AM  #15

We defended pretty well against Havant, no?

09/2/2020 11:29 AM  #16

Space Raider wrote:

We defended pretty well against Havant, no?

Not really but kept a clean sheet. Puddy got MOTM and I think they hit the woodwork 3 times and put a couple over.

Dulwich was as good as it’s got...

10/2/2020 10:38 AM  #17

I don't think St Albans winning is as relevant as many have made out to be. St Albans didn't really belong this far down the league and their time to grab a few points was always going to come, as was ours. Tonbridge are going to be the ones who we need to keep an eye on. A poor team, terrible at our place and accustomed to playing in their swamp and downing us 3-2 at theirs. We cannot control their results anymore but with multiple games in hand comes pressure and they have some very good teams coming up, teams that they may have wanted to face months ago when scheduled and they didn't have their own targets in view. Teams like Slough, Wealdstone, Havant who now all need the wins just as bad as Tonbridge to further their own ambitions. 

I have to disagree with Tindle's First Touch and I don't often, I thought we defended very well on Saturday with Puddy really only having to sweep up crosses and loose balls. Tyler was excellent, McDonald looks three years younger and Parselle was magic as always. Jay could have had a stronger game with his head as we know Hemel like to pump that ball up in the air but he got their and finished strong. Haines adds something to our team, we can see that in every minute of game time this season, that protection allows particularly Gunner to roam and I thought he along with Twine on Saturday were magnificent. Zebroski didn't miss a single thing in the air and was unlucky to be substituted for the return of the king, but how lovely it was to see Jarv's left foot open up for the six yard tap in. It's just the kind of goal we wanted, something nice and well worked, easy but effective and more importantly, giving us three vital points on the road.

It has to be said, the performance on Saturday was real evidence of hard work and grit, we didn't look like losing from the second we kicked off and arguably on another day are two up and out of sight by the half time whistle. Got to be said, I thought Mike Cook's comments would be in vain in the Gazette about refereeing standards could not have been more in action during this game, poor doesn't even cover it. Just hope that if enough managers speak up about it, more stringent work can be done to ensure that refereeing standards are better throughout the sport. 

A lot of weight lifted with a win but it's how we build on this now that is vital. Maidstone are resurgent and finally taking their place in the playoffs and rightly so with the resource they have. We gave a good account of ourselves at their place and picked up one of our better points this season. It is vital we again make ourselves hard to beat but we need to apply that same intensity and attacking threat as against Hemel. Maidstone will give us nothing but as they have shown this season many times, they can be got at. As the home team I really hope that we can get after them and i'll be happy with a point, but wouldn't it be great to make it two wins on the spin heading into the games against St Albans and Welling. 

Hopefully the W at the weekend will bring some much needed life back into the TS Stadium. You are only as good as your last game and for all bar about 15 Chippenham fans, their last game was either a 5-1 defeat or a 5-2 defeat. A massive 3 points on Saturday has taken us out of the drop zone and hopefully that is where we can stay. Great feeling for the club on Saturday and full time sparked a very touching embrace from many, they are fighting, they are working hard and they will get there of which I have always been confident, results in recent weeks have been no cause for celebration but Hemel (despite being poor) still had to be beaten, and this next month is crucial to our cause. Play like that week in week out, we will be a hard team to beat! 

10/2/2020 1:17 PM  #18

We only have to worry about ourselves Voice, yes Hemel were very poor and 3G Maidstone will not look forward to Hardenhuish and it’s grassy slope. Jarvis being back is a big plus, if only he had been allowed to play in Nov and Dec, he and Zebroski will fire us to safety with Puddy.

10/2/2020 10:29 PM  #19

I wasn't at the game but having watched the highlights and both managers after game videos it seems clear we were deserved winners. Their manager said we wanted it more and that speaks volumes to me. If we continue in the same vein we should be ok.

Board footera