BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/2/2020 2:02 PM  #41

Re: Swindon Supermarine (Wilts Shield)

Bluebirds15 wrote:

If I was Neil Blackmore and I read some of the things written on here I’d have half a mind to pull my money from the club and see how we get on then.

For all those kissing marks toes we were crap long before he left on a terrible run and in deep trouble, he’s assembled a sub standard team despite considerable backing from the board and that has been left to the new manager. He can only work with what he has.

Whilst I thank mark for his service I believe a change was needed and yet some of you were willing to give mark week after week of poor performances and results and yet can’t give new manager more than 3/4 games???

It’s funny how your support has wavered so suddenly.

Where have the 3000 word essays gone voice drumming up support for the army of ardent followers, I suspect cause mr cook doesn’t speak with you at the tunnel at the end of the game discussing tactics with you that he doesn’t deserve your support.

Apologies on behalf of some muppets mr Blackmore, thanks for all you do for the club.

Come on you bluebirds

This is the best post on here in ages. I couldn't have put it better myself.
True supporters get behind their team Blah Blah Blah!!
Someone needs a new ass to kiss and Mr Cook wouldn't bend over far enough 

Last edited by Wellard (05/2/2020 2:05 PM)

05/2/2020 2:37 PM  #42

Well.. i know for future reference how to rile the troops (yes including you Jason), voice my opinion on the recent goings on, inclusive of the 2x 5 goal drubbings.

My point all along and I’ll make it again, the people making the decisions at a board level are tripping over their own feet. i.e going on record (radio) stating they’re looking for a new manager to create a package for next season.. and then appoint a caretaker manager. Nobody has ever doubted Neils financial backing, however it’s clear and obvious that a club requires some more strategic thinking.

After the going’s on in Jan, you cannot then turnaround and say “Well, MC has to deal with the hand he is played with the squad” when getting a rolled over twice like we have. The board would be fully aware of the player contracts before terminating the managers one.

The players do not become poor overnight, confidence needs to start from the top. The board need to fully support the decisions and ensure that’s fed down. I’ve over heard multiple convos in the bar in recent weeks which make me believe otherwise.

Of course we’ll support the team through thick and thin, starting with the weekend.

Last edited by Jack_Bluebird (05/2/2020 2:43 PM)

05/2/2020 2:52 PM  #43

hobgoblin wrote:

I haven't posted on here for sometime because I know what I will say will upset the Mark was a god brigade. My opinion is that Mark should have been replaced sooner and as for the team he assembled, apart from Puddy and Richards are not National league South players and would struggle at Southern league level. 5 strikers and hardly a goal between them. My friends and I used have a wager each season while in the Southern league as how many goals our top scorer would get. Glad we don't bother now as it would be embarrassing. Players Mark brought in on contracts didn't not improve the team, just cost Neil lots of money. Yan, Hopper and although in our promotion a hero Dave Pratt on his return he's not the player he was and didn't fit in with how the team was set up. As for the new manager, he's been given to the end of the season to sort things out with a squad of midgets compared to the rest of the opposition. It's been said before that we lacked size in the team but Mark didn't correct this. Neil Blackmore has put a lot of his cash into this club and deserves the respect of the supporters, are any of you going to put thousands into the club if he decides "Enough is  enough". 
You don't have to look far to see what happens when the money runs out, look at the once mighty Trowbridge Town. 

So in reality you are blaming Mr Blackmore for not sacking Collier ages ago then. 

05/2/2020 5:10 PM  #44

Are actual board members posting on here?

If so, wtf is going on!!

Collier was right decision, Cook wrong decision. Appointed too quickly and not enough due diligence done.

He probably just name dropped and wowed the board to get the job. Now he’s playing left backs in CM!!

05/2/2020 5:25 PM  #45

Reginald74 wrote:

hobgoblin wrote:

I haven't posted on here for sometime because I know what I will say will upset the Mark was a god brigade. My opinion is that Mark should have been replaced sooner and as for the team he assembled, apart from Puddy and Richards are not National league South players and would struggle at Southern league level. 5 strikers and hardly a goal between them. My friends and I used have a wager each season while in the Southern league as how many goals our top scorer would get. Glad we don't bother now as it would be embarrassing. Players Mark brought in on contracts didn't not improve the team, just cost Neil lots of money. Yan, Hopper and although in our promotion a hero Dave Pratt on his return he's not the player he was and didn't fit in with how the team was set up. As for the new manager, he's been given to the end of the season to sort things out with a squad of midgets compared to the rest of the opposition. It's been said before that we lacked size in the team but Mark didn't correct this. Neil Blackmore has put a lot of his cash into this club and deserves the respect of the supporters, are any of you going to put thousands into the club if he decides "Enough is  enough". 
You don't have to look far to see what happens when the money runs out, look at the once mighty Trowbridge Town. 

So in reality you are blaming Mr Blackmore for not sacking Collier ages ago then. 

No, not blaming. Just in my opinion Collier ran out of ideas last season.

05/2/2020 6:10 PM  #46

TindlesFirstTouch wrote:

Are actual board members posting on here?

If so, wtf is going on!!

Collier was right decision, Cook wrong decision. Appointed too quickly and not enough due diligence done.

He probably just name dropped and wowed the board to get the job. Now he’s playing left backs in CM!!

Indeed there are BOD’s on here. The people that are ‘steering the ship’ genuinely posting on a fans forum. Never mind. Next up they’ll be discussing player wages etc on coach journeys.....

Last edited by Jack_Bluebird (05/2/2020 6:10 PM)

05/2/2020 6:57 PM  #47

The decisions been made but how much backing has the new MC got from the club? Referred to not long after unveiling only as a caretaker that they were seeking to replace, it seems he's not been allowed to bring any players in and hard to believe we're short on funds given our lucrative Cup run a few months ago!

Unlike many on here, I am encouraged by what Cook has said so far in interviews and his first two games (if not the defeats this week) and yeah a change in style won't bring success overnight, but it does seem his hands are tied a little!

05/2/2020 7:02 PM  #48

chippy wrote:

Well said by Bluebirds15 and Pinkman !!

Well played Derek 

Board footera