BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/2/2020 11:20 PM  #21

Re: Swindon Supermarine (Wilts Shield)

Got indoors with no intention of posting but,  yes young keeper but how have we conceded another five, Chairman stated in GH the fans wanted entertainment, well we are getting that 13 goals in two games shame ten have gone against us. Embarrassing 

04/2/2020 11:53 PM  #22

Good game at Frome, definitely chose the right option.  Jon Davies 3 Thatcham 0.
Former bluebird Matt Day still trundling around for Thatcham, with Beedon and GUTHRIE on bench as un-used subs.

05/2/2020 12:05 AM  #23

I wish I knew what the thinking was behind fielding a strong outfield and an inexperienced keeper. If MC's plan was to put some confidence back into the side why didn't he play Will Puddy or if injured, then Conor Thompson. Our keeper, who I couldn't help feeling sorry for, was clearly out of his depth, a fact quickly seized upon by Supermarine particularly when it came to him having to deal with back passes. I can't imagine the experience did anything for the keeper's confidence.

05/2/2020 12:33 AM  #24

Jay Foulston Centre mid, Luke Hopper and Karnell as wingbacks. Was almost like he wants some of the players to fail.

Didn’t even go in the dug out but stood next to it. Strangest team selection and game I have ever seen.

Second half was better but played a better formation and the lads looked more comfortable in it. Damage done though.

No academy players brought on which is sad as they did well in the previous round.

All in all, a complete disaster. Might go watch Frome on Saturday

05/2/2020 1:03 AM  #25

Sad to say this was called in by many. The sad fact is that regardless of what cup, what game and what team. We lack any pride in our work. 10 goals conceded in two games of football, 9 of those goals coming in first halves, have we no shame? I would be slaying my Sunday league side for performing like this in front of their partners let alone paid semi professionals in front of fans who pay hard earned money to watch them week in week out!

Safe to say if this whole thing is a joke, it’s rapidly wearing thin and how many are really now up for the next three games. They are must win, Hungerford losing tonight is the only positive to come from the evening, if we play the way we have in the last two games against Hemel, St Albans and Welling, we will punch our ticket to the Southern League.

It’s almost unbelievable that only in October we were 11 games unbeaten, had the NLS Manager of the Month, in the FA Cup 1st Round and preparing for the second half of the campaign. These are the games Collier and Horgan were waiting for, compete against the top tier teams yes and we did sadly with little in the way of points to show for it but I’ve witnessed Chippenham blitzed for 5 goals in consecutive matches, coaches being sent off, supporters as ardent as they come walking away from games with anger and frustration and I fail to see a way out under the current regime. A total lack of pride and zero passion. It’s not so much a creed anymore but simply a slogan on the shirt.

05/2/2020 9:37 AM  #26

Given the rumour regarding bad relationships toward the end of the Collier era, as much as I wernt happy with MC decision, I thought there would have been a positive reaction to the new management. Some affect on results if you like.
It would appear not. Two draws and a couple of horror shows.

Ok. Here comes the positive spin. Last night dodgy keeper, Saturday playing a top team and it's still only 3 points lost no matter how many they score. Prior to that 2 points gained.
12 games to go. Are you up for it?

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

05/2/2020 10:11 AM  #27

Credit for trying to draw positives from the past few weeks.. sadly having slept on it I’m still struggling.

The way I see it, MC has gone on record stating we have a good squad just needs a bit of organising - which seems to have gone to pot. We’ve now got 3 coaches (poor Horgan)! and a manager who doesn’t seem one bit interested in engaging with us fans. To the point I don’t even taken my son to home games anymore!

The board stipulated we need to improve discipline, to only employ a manager who’s currently going/gone through court cases for the dreaded & our assistant red carded at the weekend - couldn’t write it and as per many of posts on here, language and attitude on the sideline is disgusting. Come on, this is a family/community club. Would love to be a fly on the wall in that board room. Turbulent I’d imagine. But nevertheless we love this club and we carry on and support the team through thick and thin.

Come on boys.

05/2/2020 10:32 AM  #28

Ronnie Pickering wrote:

Given the rumour regarding bad relationships toward the end of the Collier era, as much as I wernt happy with MC decision, I thought there would have been a positive reaction to the new management. Some affect on results if you like.
It would appear not. Two draws and a couple of horror shows.

Ok. Here comes the positive spin. Last night dodgy keeper, Saturday playing a top team and it's still only 3 points lost no matter how many they score. Prior to that 2 points gained.
12 games to go. Are you up for it?

14 to go Ronald, 15pts = Staying up staying up staying up.

05/2/2020 10:53 AM  #29

James wrote:

Wake up you lot
1. Marks gone and won’t be back
2. Mikes only got the players that Mark signed plus a couple of new friends ones
3. Rome wasn’t built in a day but China can build a hospital in a week
4. The managers court case has nothing to do with us or the football club
5 People don’t like change but let’s get behind the team they all read this so how do you think there feeling letting the supporters down.
COME ON YOU BLUEBIRDS

James

1) Irrelevant
2) Of course (which MC stated is a good squad). That doesn’t make an excuse for 10 goals conceded in two games?
4) Absolutely does when the PUBLIC statement by the BOD mentioned DISCIPLINE. Got to be top down, and as for the red card - 4 games in?
5) I fully support and embrace change, when it’s for the good. I mentioned it one day one, who is doing the thinking from the top? If I were to have a convo with Neil/John & Jason and ask are you happy with the decisions you made, I think there would only be one response. Something drastic needs to change.

Understand you’re being positive and I wish I could be having been a fan for many a year but for me the current ongoings at the club are a shambles. One positive, MC is only a ‘Caretaker’ until the end of the season.

Roll on the weekend.

05/2/2020 11:49 AM  #30

I think the majority of people's issue is here, most people are in complete agreement that the results haven't really improved and the performances certainly haven't. None of the things that the BOD stated as a reason for removing a popular figure and let's be honest, a bit of a modern day club legend with the fact he took us up the pyramid where several others have failed, have actually rang true. Breakdown the following statements. 

Brought in to address to serious discipline issues with the club. Well, I have not seen a Manager/Assistant/Coach sent from the dugout in a long LONG time, Tie's in nicely with the "Defensive Issue" they were wanting to sort, make us hard to beat, start by not conceding. A late goal away at Dulwich a team that we had already drawn with twice was no improvement. Many would argue the Havant away game was a classic example of our poor luck on full display where we lost 2-1 and under Cook a respectable 0-0 draw. Havant were terrible, poor in the final third and at the end of the game many saying we should have won just shows how much of an off day they were having. We drew 1-1 with Dartford at their place and conceded 5 goals in 45 minutes against them at ours, including two penalties... please show me where the discipline and defensive resolve comes in there? As for last night, well it's a two bob cup that no one cares about when the reserves are playing but if you go to a lower league side with a handful of changes and strong squad and get hit for 5 again.. what does that do to not only the paying support but also the players you just set up to fail. Playing lads out of position, in weird tactics and almost handing them the noose? I don't get it. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth for Saturday and one can only hope this team have the regenerative powers to go again and understand just how important these next three games are. They are season defining. As for the above points 

1- Mark isn't coming back, more's the pity. This is his team, never should have gone in the first place and sadly it's a case of a mistake coming back to bite us firmly in the ass. It's clear from the way he interviews, his us and them mentality that he and his coaching staff do not see themselves as Chippenham. The fact there was little to no ownership on the Dartford result really proved that. Not in the dugout last night opting to stay away from it for whatever reason speak volumes. Hope the board can realise the mistake before it condemns us. At the end of the season supporters will be hurt, board will be hurt and so will the players before undoubtedly seeking their move back to the National League South but will the manager and the coaches that see this is a salvation project, with the amount currently invested in them are they in anyway regardless. 

Board footera