BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/2/2020 12:29 AM  #21

Re: Dartford (Home)

Blimey, first loss three games in and everyone's written the new guy off. Did most of the forum leave at half time?

02/2/2020 1:58 AM  #22

I left before the end. I've only done that once before when we lost a cup game away at Paulton many years ago. If Cook was brought in to save us from relegation and improve discipline then it looks like a very bad decision to sack Collier right now. The best we can say is that we drew the second half 0-0 against 10 men. That said the ref gave us nothing - 2 very ubious penalties one of which even the Dartford fans said was a dive and similar free kicks granted. And they won't get promoted with their lack of discipline either - player and manager sent off when winning 1-5??! No brain idiots!

02/2/2020 11:32 AM  #23

Why did Luke Haines not start! Chip had an analyst up in the camera box, did they not realise how to play against a strong wind, no tactics, gave away a sloppy first penalty again. It was probably the worst first half of football seen at Chip for at least a season, it was dire.  Thought the match officials were poor, and that is being polite, gave Dartford every thing.  It can only get better.

02/2/2020 12:36 PM  #24

inthebox wrote:

Why did Luke Haines not start! Chip had an analyst up in the camera box, did they not realise how to play against a strong wind, no tactics, gave away a sloppy first penalty again. It was probably the worst first half of football seen at Chip for at least a season, it was dire.  Thought the match officials were poor, and that is being polite, gave Dartford every thing.  It can only get better.

​The guy in the camera box is a data analyst. The 4 coaches in the dug-out are responsible for tactics. 3 of them seemed only interested in criticising/effing & blinding the officials and 1 of them was red carded - something that seems to have been forgotten. Discipline starts at the top.
Beaten by a better team on the day and not by the officials - just have to get over it and go again next time. 

02/2/2020 1:02 PM  #25

I started my viewing near the dug out, with respect I understand a little industrial language, but there is a line and our lot certainly went over it so I moved away as I didn’t like it,  I suppose everyone has that choice, hear it or move away. Families and young ones stay main stand side warmer as well. 

02/2/2020 1:47 PM  #26

McGregor should have been sent off last week, he was considerably more abusive than yesterday. As for Cook it's too early to say he's failing although I'm disappointed he hasn't managed to get any new players in, not even any Gloucester rejects.
As for the game I feared the worst when we started up the slope and into the wind. What's happened to that fabulous defence we started the season with? Obviously we were better second half but again no goals from any 'strikers'.
Our best chance of staying up (with the current squad) is to have Luke Haines starting and Scott Twine playing better than he did yesterday.

02/2/2020 3:43 PM  #27

Funny how different fans view a game. Despite taking us apart their fans poll gave mom to their keeper.

02/2/2020 7:17 PM  #28

The Ref was Crap.
We were Crap.
The wind was Crap.
McGregor  is a mouthy knob head, so is Steve King.
Stop crying about Collier and move on, the result wouldn’t have been different with him at the helm.
Yes some stang goings on at the moment, like spending money on analysis equipment etc...
But lets judge it at the end of the season.

Last edited by Wellard (02/2/2020 11:00 PM)

02/2/2020 7:57 PM  #29

Agree, but who is Mckeever ?

02/2/2020 11:01 PM  #30

Apologies corrected 😉

Board footera