BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/1/2020 5:53 PM  #11

Re: Havant & Waterlooville (Home)

Could not agree more. We have consolidated ourselves as a National League club over past three seasons but I would therefore argue that is progress? I mean, let's be real. We all want our club to do well, surpass expectations and peak higher than we appear to have but every year we stay in this league is a success. There are bigger clubs, bigger fan bases and bigger budgets in the leagues even below us. To remain in this division is vital to the club and I really hope we can achieve this goal and build. 

Vibrancy and energy is needed throughout the club in my opinion in order for it to progress, we need to shake things up and make some noise if we are ever going to achieve certain goals in terms of revenue and progression as a club not just a football team, Dulwich are a prime example. A true partisan club that get people talking, not always because of the football but they talk. 3100 at home against Chippenham in a nothing league game can't be argued with. They do things right and before people bang on about catchment area and volume of people. It's all perspective, there are a great many football options in London guys! A great many! 

20/1/2020 7:50 PM  #12

I’m fairly certain the players were pocketing half of the FA cup prize funds as there incentive to win, from the slough game onwards. Could be wrong but sure that’s what I had read

20/1/2020 8:19 PM  #13

Reginald74 wrote:

Consolidation achieved not sure about progression going forward. Vibrancy and energy required.

Correct, haven’t said anything on here in a while as previous comments got shut down... but IMO still are valid, who’s doing the strategic thinking? Was the change in management an indication that we’re having a ‘good go’ at this league as I have no doubt we would of stayed up with MC in charge  or are we complacent to be one of the smaller clubs in the league both budget and infrastructure wise? Time will tell..

Last edited by Jack_Bluebird (20/1/2020 8:21 PM)

20/1/2020 9:29 PM  #14

Anonymous wrote:

I’m fairly certain the players were pocketing half of the FA cup prize funds as there incentive to win, from the slough game onwards. Could be wrong but sure that’s what I had read

Will someone please tell me this isn't true. 

20/1/2020 9:34 PM  #15

I doubt it very much. 

20/1/2020 10:00 PM  #16

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/17925926.chippenham-town-finally-silence-cirencester-town-fa-cup-second-qualifying-round-replay/
True, here’s the article

But the Bluebirds’ Cup graft has only just started, especially given players will now split 50 per cent of the club’s winning prize money from this moment.

Collier said: “There are big incentives for the players from this moment.

Last edited by Anonymous (20/1/2020 10:02 PM)

20/1/2020 11:49 PM  #17

We're a full member of the Vanarama National League South having been crowned Southern Premier League champions with a record number of points. We play in this league as of right. We didn't get here by default. We're as much a part of this league as any other club. We'll never achieve anything though if we don't lose the inferiority complex some of us seem to have. Yes, lots of clubs have bigger grounds, better players, more money, more fans, more guest ales in their bar, the list is probably endless, but **** em, we're CTFC and HP is our fortress. We apologise for nothing. We compete on level terms with everyone. Lets believe in the Club, the team and it's players. No excuses on or off the pitch.

21/1/2020 12:11 AM  #18

Anonymous wrote:

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/17925926.chippenham-town-finally-silence-cirencester-town-fa-cup-second-qualifying-round-replay/
True, here’s the article

But the Bluebirds’ Cup graft has only just started, especially given players will now split 50 per cent of the club’s winning prize money from this moment.

Collier said: “There are big incentives for the players from this moment.

If CTFC players can't get sufficiently motivated to win F.A Cup matches without big financial incentives then they're in the wrong team. 

I appreciate this deal might have been struck to compensate players who thought they were worth more than their contract was paying them, but even so, 50% was a big wedge, and had we progressed in the competition, could have cost us a lot of money.

21/1/2020 10:25 AM  #19

Let me just say, and believe me when I say on this one I am correct. Don't worry the money didn't go on players bonus' to any real excessive amount. It was tantamount to a few extra drinks in the clubhouse after the Northampton game. The Cup money has gone to rightly reimburse the large amounts put into the club by the Chairman, the improvements to the ground and of course a few additional changes that have been made since the cheque cleared. 

21/1/2020 4:41 PM  #20

Neil's fair share of monetary contribution to the club is zero. That's right, zero. He does not have to put any money in but he does because, like us, he wants to see the club do well and he is in a better financial position than most of the fans. Pay your money to get in, watch the game, criticise what you have seen if you wish but don't criticise the chairman or the board, you don't know enough to do that. If you do know enough, you shouldn't be airing it here. 
Rant over.

Board footera