BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/1/2020 12:50 PM  #11

Re: Hemel

Yorkie wrote:

sparksy wrote:

First time I've been on this forum, and I'm surprised at some of the negative posts.
​The game last night, we played ok, and were the better team in the second half.
​Time to get behind Mark and the team, rather than moan and berate.
​People need to understand that we have a limited budget, and play other teams with far more financial backing.
You cannot fault the effort of the players, and ran themselves ragged last night.
It would be a travesty if Mark were to leave, and Gary. 
​Seems so many people expect far too much, and these are self assuming experts.
​You keep going Mark, I strongly believe that you are the best manager we've had for such a long time.

Welcome to the forum, sparkly!
An excellent first post...but don't be surprised at the negative reaction; the “glass-half-empty brigade” are on their way to their keyboards even as I write!
😀

This is a forum to discuss what we personally think of the game ,team etc.
Your  saying everyone should think and write the same,what's the point, what happened to freedom of speech.
People use the low budget, punching above our weight, look where we were few years ago,that's beginning to ware thin now I think.
I know we didn't lose last night, but it's squeaky bum time.

08/1/2020 12:52 PM  #12

Better Team in the second Half? you are joking right.
and its not all amount Mark, if our budget is so small that its not competitive to stay in this league, then the Chairman needs to also make a decision and spend some of that FA Cup money.

08/1/2020 1:16 PM  #13

Excuses, they had debutant 18year old Centre back up against Karnell, Jarvis and zebroski, they are a team in free fall as has been mentioned on here before. Glad to get a result but this is one I earmarked as 3 points in the making given our next few fixtures

08/1/2020 1:21 PM  #14

We haven't had much luck recently but the cliché is that you make your own luck and both our goals were lucky/goalkeeper mistakes, although credit for Jarvis's pressure that made the first. We didn't look like scoring other than that and I don't recognise the positive spin from the manager and others here.

Yes we are a young side and many of these players did very well against a tall and physical side. Yes we are missing players through injuries and suspensions. However, I think we were set up incorrectly.

There is too much space between central midfield and the strikers so we only have long ball service from the back and against such a tall side that was never going to work. In fact Jarvis and Zeb did very well to win as many balls as they did but the knock-downs and flick-ons they made did not have a receiver.

When Hemel attacked there was much better movement from them with 3-4 players advancing on goal simultaneously and our defence have to watch all of these, for us too often it was just Karnel or Tyler alone heading goal-wards at pace with more than one defender chasing him down making him unable to provide the ball to anyone else. When we did get the ball down and managed to put a passing game together we looked more dangerous, but we don't seem to be able to deliver the final ball or the means to convert the chances we create.

We desperately need two fit strikers that work and play together in several consecutive games so that there is a striking partnership that worries defences (think Constable/Gilroy or Sandell/Pratt) - we really don't have that now and the lack of confidence there makes us too cautious and sit too deep, hence the midfield gap. Karnell's free roaming role means we don't have a "number 10/top of the diamond" position player to hold the ball and feed the strikers.

As to bringing McDonald I think that was a good move as he brought presence and height to secure the point and not lose all 3, albeit I think this should have been done earlier. By the end we were clinging on by our finger tips - with them hitting the bar and nearly scrambling the rebound in.

Last edited by newfan (08/1/2020 1:24 PM)

08/1/2020 1:38 PM  #15

Common sense would dictate a point from last night is a welcome one and against a side like Hemel, one many would arguably have taken. This is going to shock you a little bit, but I left disappointed last night that we didn’t take all three.

Yes, we are young, yes we have inexperienced players and injuries and suspensions the same as a lot of other clubs but again to hold the lead twice, let it go twice and to a certain extent, hang on for a point in a game we did have the better of certainly in the first 45, is a little disappointing given the circumstances.

Amazing however, the difference in opinion regarding players, manager etc. Mark seemed fairly animated for his usual calm demeanour last night, shouting plenty of instruction to his troops as very audible inside a very quite stadium. Never been a loud manager anyway, prefers to do his talking in private but maybe frustration creeps in. Zebroski was poor again last night, I can only assume Wellard is his brother? TOE I will give you looked chipper but Zeb? That groin is definitely causing him problems. He needs to sit out the next one as this is now 3/4 performances on the spin well under the level.

All this chat about two lucky goals is a little bit controversial as well. Sloppy? Yes but gifts? Absolutely not. Jarvis runs down the defender and causes unrest between him and the keeper, gets there first and rolls it over the line. We caught a team early and it gets called lucky or a gift, we concede early last week and we are lazy, shit, not committed? It can’t go both ways. Tyler’s goal very similar, if a player is shaken then absolutely punish that, keeper looked hesitant and again we get there first. This isn’t luck, it’s called work rate, effort, determination and FINALLY we appeared to get something from that.

The goals conceded are another thing, a good goal from Midson for their first, players of his experience and quality find pockets of space on pitches and against Horton and Rutty who are the combined age of my socks, it’s unsurprising that it’s ended up in the net. The second, Pars is an experienced boy, young admittedly but experienced nonetheless and club captain and a constant in our back line for the last two seasons, that foul was completely unnecessary and he knows that, if the delivery goes into the Cricket pitch, no one cares but knowing how vulnerable we are to the diagonal ball into the back post it does seem madness that he would give the foul away there but he bounces back every time and will again.

Interesting point made by Wellard, this isn’t all about the manager. Has the chairman gone to the manager and asked “What do you need to get out of trouble?” “How can we help?” In his Post Match Interview, Mark was quoted as saying experience costs, well how much does it cost? And with plans to develop the ground maybe the focus right now needs to shift as we appear to be building for a National League South future but operating on a Southern League playing budget with no care shown to changing that deep into the season. We made a bit of cash on the cup run surely a colossal centre half to make up for Will can be found, surely a couple of additional bodies in the squad could be accommodated? Or are we taking our losses fairly confident this squad won’t go down and saving to have a crack at a better season next year?

One thing is for certain, Mark Collier needs to stay! He is the best manager we have had in terms of success since Saunders and whilst many have their opinions on Tom, he was successful here. Anything outside of Collier at this moment would be detrimental in my opinion. That’s his squad and we haven’t got the budget to change it, it’s the team he assembled and he deserves our support for all he has done at this club thus far. Truthfully the man needs a statue not a P45! But in absence of that just a little support would do nicely I reckon, encourage the players, encourage the manager and help the club push in the right way.  That’s what supporters do, when the chips are down they remind the team and the people past the white line they have people behind them. If they need a boost be the boost not the person that drags them down.

Christmas period done, back at home Hemel have come and been a good test for our young squad and we can feel a little hard done by not to have all three points. Another few massive games coming up and we need to try and build on this.. a run of 2-3 games changes everything!

In Collier we Trust!! This team can and will get us out of this we just need to believe in it and back them to do so!

08/1/2020 1:45 PM  #16

Well  a lot of different opinions, I agree with both the negative and positive comments.  We gave two silly goals away, the first was due to a long back pass to Puddy, who misplaced his pass, which went into touch, from the resultant throw in Hemel scored. 2nd goal conceded was due to a sloppy tackle on the edge of the box, which they scored from. Thought both substitutions were strange, took off the injured Jarvis for Hopper, should have been Dave Pratt. Second sub a defender for an attacker when it was 2-2, if that was going to happen should have been when 2-1 up, and not 3 minutes from the end of the game.  Our dug out is not animated, no encouragement, or spark,  apart from the subs taking place.   Need a big central striker, to bully the opposition defence, too lightweight up front.

08/1/2020 1:51 PM  #17

Do we all believe we have an inexperienced side? Genuine question.

Puddy, case, Mcdonald, Tyler, zebroski, rigg, Parselle, Jarvis, chambers, hopper, Pratt, TOE all played copious amounts of football at conference south/north and above even gunner must of made 40/50 appearances over the last 2 years.

Maybe foulston, Haines who was arguably our best player  youssef And Rutty but those 2 have barely kicked a ball all year.

Am I missing something?

08/1/2020 2:35 PM  #18

Pinkman wrote:

Yorkie wrote:

sparksy wrote:

First time I've been on this forum, and I'm surprised at some of the negative posts.
​The game last night, we played ok, and were the better team in the second half.
​Time to get behind Mark and the team, rather than moan and berate.
​People need to understand that we have a limited budget, and play other teams with far more financial backing.
You cannot fault the effort of the players, and ran themselves ragged last night.
It would be a travesty if Mark were to leave, and Gary. 
​Seems so many people expect far too much, and these are self assuming experts.
​You keep going Mark, I strongly believe that you are the best manager we've had for such a long time.

Welcome to the forum, sparkly!
An excellent first post...but don't be surprised at the negative reaction; the “glass-half-empty brigade” are on their way to their keyboards even as I write!
😀

This is a forum to discuss what we personally think of the game ,team etc.
Your saying everyone should think and write the same,what's the point, what happened to freedom of speech.
People use the low budget, punching above our weight, look where we were few years ago,that's beginning to ware thin now I think.
I know we didn't lose last night, but it's squeaky bum time.

Well said.

08/1/2020 2:45 PM  #19

TheVoice wrote:

Common sense would dictate a point from last night is a welcome one and against a side like Hemel, one many would arguably have taken. This is going to shock you a little bit, but I left disappointed last night that we didn’t take all three.

Yes, we are young, yes we have inexperienced players and injuries and suspensions the same as a lot of other clubs but again to hold the lead twice, let it go twice and to a certain extent, hang on for a point in a game we did have the better of certainly in the first 45, is a little disappointing given the circumstances.

Amazing however, the difference in opinion regarding players, manager etc. Mark seemed fairly animated for his usual calm demeanour last night, shouting plenty of instruction to his troops as very audible inside a very quite stadium. Never been a loud manager anyway, prefers to do his talking in private but maybe frustration creeps in. Zebroski was poor again last night, I can only assume Wellard is his brother? TOE I will give you looked chipper but Zeb? That groin is definitely causing him problems. He needs to sit out the next one as this is now 3/4 performances on the spin well under the level.

All this chat about two lucky goals is a little bit controversial as well. Sloppy? Yes but gifts? Absolutely not. Jarvis runs down the defender and causes unrest between him and the keeper, gets there first and rolls it over the line. We caught a team early and it gets called lucky or a gift, we concede early last week and we are lazy, shit, not committed? It can’t go both ways. Tyler’s goal very similar, if a player is shaken then absolutely punish that, keeper looked hesitant and again we get there first. This isn’t luck, it’s called work rate, effort, determination and FINALLY we appeared to get something from that.

The goals conceded are another thing, a good goal from Midson for their first, players of his experience and quality find pockets of space on pitches and against Horton and Rutty who are the combined age of my socks, it’s unsurprising that it’s ended up in the net. The second, Pars is an experienced boy, young admittedly but experienced nonetheless and club captain and a constant in our back line for the last two seasons, that foul was completely unnecessary and he knows that, if the delivery goes into the Cricket pitch, no one cares but knowing how vulnerable we are to the diagonal ball into the back post it does seem madness that he would give the foul away there but he bounces back every time and will again.

Interesting point made by Wellard, this isn’t all about the manager. Has the chairman gone to the manager and asked “What do you need to get out of trouble?” “How can we help?” In his Post Match Interview, Mark was quoted as saying experience costs, well how much does it cost? And with plans to develop the ground maybe the focus right now needs to shift as we appear to be building for a National League South future but operating on a Southern League playing budget with no care shown to changing that deep into the season. We made a bit of cash on the cup run surely a colossal centre half to make up for Will can be found, surely a couple of additional bodies in the squad could be accommodated? Or are we taking our losses fairly confident this squad won’t go down and saving to have a crack at a better season next year?

One thing is for certain, Mark Collier needs to stay! He is the best manager we have had in terms of success since Saunders and whilst many have their opinions on Tom, he was successful here. Anything outside of Collier at this moment would be detrimental in my opinion. That’s his squad and we haven’t got the budget to change it, it’s the team he assembled and he deserves our support for all he has done at this club thus far. Truthfully the man needs a statue not a P45! But in absence of that just a little support would do nicely I reckon, encourage the players, encourage the manager and help the club push in the right way. That’s what supporters do, when the chips are down they remind the team and the people past the white line they have people behind them. If they need a boost be the boost not the person that drags them down.

Christmas period done, back at home Hemel have come and been a good test for our young squad and we can feel a little hard done by not to have all three points. Another few massive games coming up and we need to try and build on this.. a run of 2-3 games changes everything!

In Collier we Trust!! This team can and will get us out of this we just need to believe in it and back them to do so!

I never said Zeb was having a good game, just that he was working hard and getting a tackle in, more than most of the others. Please try reading the post again

08/1/2020 2:48 PM  #20

Bluebirds15 wrote:

Do we all believe we have an inexperienced side? Genuine question.

Puddy, case, Mcdonald, Tyler, zebroski, rigg, Parselle, Jarvis, chambers, hopper, Pratt, TOE all played copious amounts of football at conference south/north and above even gunner must of made 40/50 appearances over the last 2 years.

Maybe foulston, Haines who was arguably our best player  youssef And Rutty but those 2 have barely kicked a ball all year.

Am I missing something?

Yes, as usual. The point..

Last night we started with Foulston, Rutty, Horton, and had a 16 year old on the bench. That’s where the inexperience comes in. Also in terms of playing together they are fairly inexperienced. We are having to move things around to accommodate.

Case, TOE both criminally underused this season and not played many games lately which we all know is important to match fitness.. similar to Jarv who has spent time out of the team for ridiculous reasons.

Board footera