BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/1/2020 9:04 PM  #1

Hemel

Following from sunny Spain, Chippenham 1 up come on

07/1/2020 9:37 PM  #2

Re: Hemel

2-1 Chippenham

07/1/2020 10:45 PM  #3

Ft 2-2  every point counts

07/1/2020 11:54 PM  #4

I'm sorry but whatever the game plan was it wasn't working.

Time for a big change/shake up before its too late - either on the pitch or the dugout

08/1/2020 12:44 AM  #5

I thought it was a strange game. Hemel were not as good as I thought they would be and particularly bearing in mind we were gifted two goals I see this as 2 points dropped. Of course its better to draw than lose and I would have taken a draw before kickoff but the game was there for the winning tonight. We have tougher games than this to come, we need to improve.

08/1/2020 9:42 AM  #6

Enjoyed the game, entertaining with two attacking teams. We are creating plenty of chances and look a threat going forward, presume we brought on defender to secure things up, one point better than no point. Horton and Rutty good games for ones so young. Owen Evans Rigg and Chambers impressed.   

08/1/2020 10:08 AM  #7

newfan wrote:

I'm sorry but whatever the game plan was it wasn't working.

Time for a big change/shake up before its too late - either on the pitch or the dugout

Yep can't disagree with that.
Created a few chances but just can't score. only ones who looked to be fighting for the cause were Zeb and TOE, most of the rest where just not up for it and lacked any real quality. Poor discipline giving silly free kicks away was always going to cost us the game, which we need to stamp out.
Hemel Manager stood on the sidelines encouraging his team forward, Collier just stood there with his arms folded chatting to Gary.
Given their form and that they gifted us a couple of goals, they were there for the taking, so 2 points dropped.

Changes need to be made ASAP, and with a break in games now is the time to do it!!

08/1/2020 10:30 AM  #8

First time I've been on this forum, and I'm surprised at some of the negative posts.
​The game last night, we played ok, and were the better team in the second half.
​Time to get behind Mark and the team, rather than moan and berate.
​People need to understand that we have a limited budget, and play other teams with far more financial backing.
You cannot fault the effort of the players, and ran themselves ragged last night.
It would be a travesty if Mark were to leave, and Gary. 
​Seems so many people expect far too much, and these are self assuming experts.
​You keep going Mark, I strongly believe that you are the best manager we've had for such a long time.

08/1/2020 11:33 AM  #9

sparksy wrote:

First time I've been on this forum, and I'm surprised at some of the negative posts.
​The game last night, we played ok, and were the better team in the second half.
​Time to get behind Mark and the team, rather than moan and berate.
​People need to understand that we have a limited budget, and play other teams with far more financial backing.
You cannot fault the effort of the players, and ran themselves ragged last night.
It would be a travesty if Mark were to leave, and Gary. 
​Seems so many people expect far too much, and these are self assuming experts.
​You keep going Mark, I strongly believe that you are the best manager we've had for such a long time.

Welcome to the forum, sparkly!
An excellent first post...but don't be surprised at the negative reaction; the “glass-half-empty brigade” are on their way to their keyboards even as I write!
😀

Last edited by Yorkie (08/1/2020 11:34 AM)

08/1/2020 12:16 PM  #10

Yes sparksy!! Welcome to the forum. I thought a draw was probably fair, a win would have given everyone a huge boost but our young team competed well against a much more experienced and physical Hemel side. Every point could be vital come end of the season and there are lots more games to go with plenty of highs and lows. Stick together we'll be fine!

Board footera