BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/12/2019 4:05 PM  #1

Chris Curtis

It is with great sadness that I pass on this message.  Chris Curtis, a long-time supporter of Chippenham Town, passed away yesterday after bravely and stoically battling ill health.  Even if you didn't know Chris personally you will no doubt have known him very well by sight.  His usual spot was around the top left hand corner of the ground, and he used a throat device in order to speak - a legacy of a previous illness.  He was a very gentle man, but a real battler, and he will be greatly missed.  His funeral is at St Michael's Church, Melksham (where he lived) at 3pm on Thursday 19th December.

05/12/2019 5:01 PM  #2

Re: Chris Curtis

That is absolutely awful news, I remember Chris before his first illness, used to come to football with his granddaughter Gemma, he was a lovely guy, always quick to a chat about the Bluebirds and a real passionate supporter even after his first bout of ill health. My condolences to Chris' family and friends and hopefully the club will mark his passing with the appropriate show of condolence at our home game against Chelmsford of which I am sure he will be watching from a better place. RIP Chris <3

05/12/2019 5:31 PM  #3

As yous says didn't know him well, but knew him by sight and to nod hello to. Used to sit with him and his grandkids  in the extension to the main stand many years ago when my own boys were little ones watching the team, before his original illness. Condolences to the family - having lost my Dad recently I know its a tough time even when you know its coming

05/12/2019 6:47 PM  #4

Will be greatly missed Chris.

05/12/2019 10:56 PM  #5

A great guy. And a top bloke. Chris was a real Chippenham fan.  I’m so sad tonight.  He will be really missed.  Always stood up in the top corner. We’ll have to get a plaque made up in memory of Mr Curtis. And fix it  to the wall in the corner he loved to watch the game from. RIP mate.

Last edited by Jono (05/12/2019 11:01 PM)

07/12/2019 5:23 PM  #6

Sad news

Board footera