BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/12/2019 6:13 PM  #41

Re: Eastbourne

What is somewhat worrying is how quick Chippenham "Fans" appear to jump on negativity when the chance arises. It's almost like these posters went quiet when they couldn't say anything. A few indifferent results at the start of the season and it was all doom and gloom, then we go on a run of 11 unbeaten in League and Cup culminating in a 1st Round Proper appearance and people were dead quiet. Get beat by Northampton and suddenly everyone is so proud of the town, the team and everyone involved and quietly began sharpening their pitch forks ready for the next slip. a 3-0 defeat to then 2nd in the League Slough and suddenly everyone was taking aim. Knocked out the FA Trophy by a FULL TIME Dulwich Hamlet and it was launch time. 

We are going to get results in this league, we are going to win more games this season, draw more games this season and probably lose more games this season. It is what happens when you are a middle of the road NLS side with good ambition but very little resource. We are already punching a little above our weight but it's like people aren't happy unless we are winning every single week, their favourite player plays every single week and we never so much as concede a goal. Quite often we get accused of "Blue Tinted Glasses" I would suggest we are just realistic. 

Mark Collier and Tom Jones/Gary Horgan are the management teams that have delivered us everything they said they would. In 7 seasons Mark has guided this team up the leagues, into the 1st Round Proper of the FA Cup and consolidated this small town club as a standard National League South side. I think if this is being considered a blip then he has certainly bloody earned one. 7 blissful seasons under his leadership and suddenly a few defeats in the league and people think they can do better, go out and get a better manager. It's laughable. That's nothing to do with personal feeling toward the man, for the record I think he is a bloody top bloke and an asset to this club (because I see what he does) this is all to do with the fact this manager has earned Fan Support and a little tolerance whilst he sorts the current issue. 

Let's stick together and succeed, or not. We have been down before, we bounce back, it's our strength. We are all so afraid to fail we've forgotten loyalty and respect are the foundations a solid club is built upon. It starts at Highworth, lets carry it to Saturday at Havant and not just roll over. 

In Collier We Trust

02/12/2019 9:14 PM  #42

It was my impression that Neil is the Chairman no? The man who installed Collier and has asked for the faith in that decision to be supported? Neil is the Chairman he runs the football club from a business standpoint. Over the white line the onus is on the manager.

We can place our faith in more than one person, it’s a team effort, it always has been and that’s what people tend to forget when the chips are down (no pun intended)

It took us years to get Mark, top managers at this level aren’t often attracted to the Chippenham job yet we have one, and people are far too flippant with comments. Personally I hope he never reads the negativity of some as it’s a tough job in the hot seat and our support or lack of can often be pivotal in turning around poor runs of form

03/12/2019 10:01 PM  #43

"Up your own arse"

I was well aware of that post and in its context I stand by it. - it isn't a sustained trolling campaign.

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

04/12/2019 10:37 AM  #44

Ronnie Pickering wrote:

"Up your own arse"

I was well aware of that post and in its context I stand by it. - it isn't a sustained trolling campaign.

Do yourself a favour and don't rise to it, it's no secret people have differences of opinion, it's no secret that I can be controversial at time, as I have said before many times "Football is a Sport of Passion", I lose it sometimes and I have the pay the piper but the difference is a difference of opinion from the likes of you is a challenge to intellect and becomes a debate and something worth discussing. With Wellard, you get fat jokes and remarks about the size of your penis and where you like to place it. It's playground stuff, he's a punch in the arm away from admitting he really has a crush on me. 

Board footera