BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/8/2019 11:22 AM  #1

Braintree (Home)

So, on we go to tomorrow. Braintree. I think before the season, many would have been calling these lot nailed on favourites for at least a playoff spot. After a very shaky start, they looked like they would be more likely to be plying their trade in the Evo-Stik league next year than bouncing back to the National League however, they have turned things around of late and are starting to show signs of their dangerous brand of football. 

We have had a very interesting last two games with a home win against Weymouth being arguably another marquee performance in the early stages of the season. To hold them to nil and get the goal for the win (and arguably should have had a couple more) is a real credit to the lads so far this season. We rang the changes in bulk for Monday and it would seem went down a little too easily to Hampton & Richmond, a team that before CTFC hadn't registered a win at home in the league, which proves like Mark always says, there are no easy games in this league. Top is capable of slipping to bottom, strange results will occur and complacency is never an option. 

Personally I would like to see a return to the side that turned over Weymouth possibly with the addition of Pratt back into the fold. Zebroski looked very dangerous last week and the defence was absolutely resolute. Chuck Dave's pace back into the side and I think we have a really good chance of claiming all three points here. I would also like to see Nat Jarvis feature prominently to start getting back that razor sharp confidence that led him to 20+ last season.

A couple of games coming up now where we really need to lock in and focus on being the absolute best we can be. Season is well under way and teams are starting to show us what they are about. A few good wins, a little run puts us right in the fold for those playoff spots. At that point it gives us something to chase, a target and if we fall short, we fall on a cloud as opposed to in the danger zone. Let's get behind the lads tomorrow and really drive them home. 

31/8/2019 8:59 PM  #2

Re: Braintree (Home)

I certainly could only see us winning that game at half time, disappointing second half but having said that a good goal ruled out for off-side and stonewall penalty not given (both in my opinion obviously!) would have put us out of site. Still lots to be positive about I think.

31/8/2019 9:20 PM  #3

I agree we looked good for a win at half-time. However being unable to get a second goal coupled with the fact that the longer the game went on the better Braintree played meant we lost. In the second half we gave away the ball too much and their lively counter-attacking ultimately proved too much. That said on another day some of the big decisions might have gone our way and changed the game. Meanwhile the games come thick and fast so lets hope for better luck Tuesday!

01/9/2019 7:02 AM  #4

Goals win games and we are not scoring enough of them. We have our top goal scorer from last year who was deadly in the 18yard box getting splinters in the bench.

01/9/2019 7:21 AM  #5

Competition for places is good and all that but seems that we have one too many forwards.

01/9/2019 10:25 AM  #6

Very good first half, couldn’t get vital second goal, unfortunately lost Tyler who was a threat as attacking full back, good to see Guthrie back. Braintree gave us another insight how tough a league this is, what happened in the tunnel at half time ?

01/9/2019 10:43 AM  #7

Very good team we played against, Braintree played some decent football. Good to see an affable opposition manager for once, who agreed we should have had a penalty when their keeper took out one of our players. Agree it was good to see Guthrie back, but he was short of pace and fitness, and sadly when subbed a section of the fans were delighted and voiced their pleasure. Also another needless  booking.  Strange that Pratt was replaced when Chambers was tiring and giving the ball away far too frequently. At half time thought we would go on and win it, but to no avail.

02/9/2019 2:34 PM  #8

BeJimmieGus wrote:

Had similar coming home from Kangeroo Ground with a broken rear cable. The derailleur limit screws got it to 50/34 - 14. Hard but not terrible.

Still makes more sense than most of the posts on here ;) 

03/9/2019 2:11 PM  #9

Pardon ?

Board footera