BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/8/2019 7:17 PM  #1

Peter Trego

On the news today I saw that Peter Trego was leaving Somerset cricket club. Now correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he play in goal for us back in the early 2000's and he scored a goal from a free kick in his own half. I wasn't at the game, must have been away but I think it could have been a cup match. I'm sure those of you with a better memory than me will be able to fill in the gaps.

30/8/2019 7:39 PM  #2

Re: Peter Trego

He definitely played in goal for us in the F.A Cup replay away at Worcester City in 2005 - 2006. As I recall, when Somerset Cricket Club found out, his footballing days came to an abrupt end.

30/8/2019 7:49 PM  #3

DB is correct, played in goal for the lively FA Cup game vs Worcester. Did pretty well as I recall. I also remember rumours that the Walsall chairman had come down to watch Beano and parked his Range Rover anywhere he wanted!! Beano left soon after.

30/8/2019 8:12 PM  #4

Pete Trego scored in the 3-2 away FA Trophy win at Hemel Hempstead

Last edited by Charlie Bird (30/8/2019 8:19 PM)

30/8/2019 9:14 PM  #5

I was at Hemel when Trego scored, not the first time I've seen a Chipp keeper score. Remember (only just)  seeing Keith Nash score at Hardenhuish Park, home to Tiverton I think. Charlie Bird?

30/8/2019 10:07 PM  #6

1cooky wrote:

Thought you were leaving Wellard😂😂

Where did I say that cocky?

31/8/2019 5:30 AM  #7

Was the Hemel game his debut?

31/8/2019 12:30 PM  #8

1cooky wrote:

Wellard wrote:

1cooky wrote:

Thought you were leaving Wellard😂😂

Where did I say that cocky?

On the thread Tyrone Mings👋👋👋

Pillock, Don’t think I said I was leaving, think you need glasses. Was just ending the thread.

Board footera