BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/8/2019 2:30 PM  #1

Tyrone Mings

Just heard that Tyrone has been drafted in to the England squad for the forthcoming International ! What an achievement for the young fella, and thoroughly deserved from the reports I've read on his performances with the Villa. He's one of our own.

29/8/2019 6:39 PM  #2

Re: Tyrone Mings

I'm not sure he's one of our own, only played 10 games for us, whereas he spent 10 years with the Southampton Academy and Bristol Rovers, thats where he learnt his skills.

30/8/2019 5:01 AM  #3

Christ, even a well meaning post congratulating an ex player and local lad on an international call up gets a negative response. What times we live in.

30/8/2019 7:02 AM  #4

That's Wellard for you.

30/8/2019 7:53 AM  #5

Tyrone was born and brought up in Chippenham, so very much one of our own Wellard.

30/8/2019 10:51 AM  #6

Reginald74 wrote:

That's Wellard for you.

And whats that supposed to mean? shouldn't you be having a dig at Hobgoblin...as you normally do.
I normally ignore most of your posts, as someone who thinks Pratt scored agaist Hungerford, you are clearly clueless.
Agree he is Chippenham lad so fair play he is 'one of our own in that respect' but he's got as much affiliation with Yate as he has with Chippenham. its not negative, just makes me laugh all these claims. Read on Baths forum a while back they were claiming he was a Bath lad...as he was born in the RUH...clingy or what

Last edited by Wellard (30/8/2019 10:55 AM)

30/8/2019 11:06 AM  #7

Wellard being negative on a Chippenham Town Forum!! Well I never thought I would see the day ;) 

Tyrone like many "Chippenham Lads" was born in the RUH and grew up in this fine town thereafter, his early youth career was spent at Southampton as many people know whilst he played not only for their academy but also his local side in Chippenham and not to mention the finest school our fine town has to offer.... Sheldon ;) 

Tyrone is very much a Chippenham lad, and has come back to the club 3 or 4 times since his move to the Prem to catch up with old friends and the club he calls his hometown club. So i guess we will let facts decide whether he is "One of our own" or not, it would seem he considers himself as such. 

Anyway, all of this aside... Can some of the Historians have a little check, have we ever had a former Chippenham Town player reach the England side before? 

30/8/2019 1:41 PM  #8

I noticed this week that Sheldon School's impressive sign (better known to lads of a certain age as Chippenham Boys High School) has colour pictures of Tyrone as a schoolboy and a professional footballer, and records the years between which, he was a pupil there.

The other side of the sign has pictures of a Bath Rugby Club player who was in the same year as Tyrone.

It's worth a gander if you haven't already seen it. 

30/8/2019 2:33 PM  #9

Wellard, I have to support the Voice on this one, you are so negative, let it go and enjoy life a little.

30/8/2019 4:20 PM  #10

TheVoice wrote:

Can some of the Historians have a little check, have we ever had a former Chippenham Town player reach the England side before? 

Probably none for the full England team, but Beano played for the England 'C' (non league) side whilst at Kidderminster.

Board footera