BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/8/2019 9:48 AM  #1

Wealdstone (Away)

So, after all the fun and excitement of beating one of the "self proclaimed" big teams in the division on Saturday, we head to one of the "actual" big teams in the division Tuesday night in the form of the Stones. Wealdstone are a team renowned at this level for always being there or there about when push comes to shove and will provide in my humble opinion our toughest test so far this season. Quite like Billericay, Wealdstone handed a big war chest to new manager Dean Brennan to assemble a squad strong enough to challenge this year and it would appear that he has done exactly that adding 6 or 7 new faces to the squad that was already fairly strong last season. 

It's very important that we manage our expectations as fans, staying in the reality as well as dream land. Results like Saturday have proven we can beat anyone on our day, however we need to be sensible enough to know that we won't always do so. Personally I would be incredibly happy to come away from London with a point. We have absolutely enough to challenge this team on the night and our very best of luck goes with Mark and the Lads on the trip as we seek to build upon our very impressive start to the season. 

#MARKCOLLIERSBLUEANDWHITEARMY!!!! 

12/8/2019 9:16 PM  #2

Re: Wealdstone (Away)

Another tough nut to crack, tomorrow would be the perfect time for Pratty to open his account. I’m leaving leaving work early for this one, another half day annual leave taken.

13/8/2019 8:34 AM  #3

Safe journey to all making the trip, Wealdstone on a Tuesday night is some commitment hopefully you are rewarded with a good performance. 

13/8/2019 9:20 AM  #4

Should be there by 7-7:30.. Straight from work, Portsmouth to Wealdstone, with any luck traffic will be nice and kind. Hold a real optimism at the moment with the way Mark and Horgs have got these lads playing. Very tough team tonight as they all are in this division but dear god if you can't have a little misplaced optimism after a 2-0 dominant performance against a team that pre-season were encouraging fans to get on them at 10-1 as they were walking this league... When can you! COME ON CHIPPENHAM 

13/8/2019 10:49 PM  #5

Lucky enough managed to make this away game as working in London.Worked tirelessly again as a team just perhaps lacked a little creativity and never really looked like scoring. Wealdstone are a good outfit and will no doubt be in the mix come the end of year.Let’s look to bounce back on Saturday at Hungerford.

13/8/2019 10:59 PM  #6

Didn't start well, grew into game. Second half played well against a very good side. Team look fit and we should all try to get to Hungerford Sat. Not sure we are still relegation favourites.

14/8/2019 1:06 PM  #7

To anyone who said we are relegation favourites I think last displayed why that claim is one of the most stupid things that has ever been thrown out into the universe. Did we do enough to win the game last night? No I don't think we did but on another night, one or two of the chances we created might have found there way home. I know it seems a go to excuse but I think we played very well against 12 men last night as the referee, particularly in the first half, didn't seem to notice there were two teams on the pitch! Wealdstone are one of the stronger teams in the division and that I can guarantee you, to stay in the game for 90 minutes is all anyone can ask and we were still pressing right at the end to take what I feel would have been a very decent point. Alas, it didn't come off for us and Chippenham lose their first game in the NLS this season, I can honestly say if someone had come to me at the start of the season and said four game in the only game you would have lost is a tough Tuesday night away game against Wealdstone I would have probably snapped their arm off so don't get disheartened. We go to Hungerford on Saturday who are a bit of a weird side for us, on paper we should beat them in my opinion, yet somehow they always find a way. Fight hard Saturday boys, desire will take us through against a team like that. We need to really want to beat these teams we profess are lesser than ourselves and if we do. 2 Wins, 2 Draws and a loss from the opening five will be a result I think we can all agree would far have exceeding pre-season expectation. #BLUEARMY

Board footera