BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/8/2019 10:05 AM  #1

Big Spending Ricay

Will Mr Tamplin be in windy Chipp this afternoon? League favourites, squad full of league players can we get something from the game, who starts in the forward line, when is McDonald back

10/8/2019 5:23 PM  #2

Re: Big Spending Ricay

Yes much better than Tuesday. Played exceptionally well in the first half and although things were a bit rocky in the second half when we resorted to panicky long ball clearances again and didn't hold or pass the ball. Maybe a bit fortunate to get through that period without conceding the equaliser. We didn't stretch and work them enough when down to 10 men. However Jarvis' goal was well taken and set up nicely by the new signing to seal the game and Puddy deserved his penalty save. An important home 3pts I feel

10/8/2019 5:25 PM  #3

Magnificent simply magnificent

10/8/2019 5:45 PM  #4

Excellent all round but I thought Gunner had an outstanding game. Well done lads.  Great stuff.

10/8/2019 5:50 PM  #5

Chip played well, Billericay were relying on there expensive big lump No 11, who although he could head the ball well, but on the ground and taking penalties was useless. Noticed at end of the game Billericay crowd were having a go at there captain, who had to be led away. Thought whole Chip team played well, and it is good when we take a forward off, we can replace with another forward.

10/8/2019 6:01 PM  #6

Thought I'd wait until I had seen a couple of games before posting this season. Todays result was great although it looked like we would suffer from the curse of playing 10 men. There were times when we were hanging on to our one goal lead and it looked like we would drop the two points. Some valiant defending and a great penalty save by Puddy. Couldn't fault the workrate of the entire team especially in the terrible conditions. Ricay drop 8 places with that result and we move up to 9th , I know which manager will be happier after the game, the other could be checking his phone for a text from his chairman. Good assist for the second goal from Zebroski, needs some game time with the rest of the team. Luke looked more like a forward in the first half 

10/8/2019 6:08 PM  #7

Thought I'd wait until I had seen a couple of games before posting this season. Todays result was great although it looked like we would suffer from the curse of playing 10 men. There were times when we were hanging on to our one goal lead and it looked like we would drop the two points. Some valiant defending and a great penalty save by Puddy. Couldn't fault the workrate of the entire team especially in the terrible conditions. Ricay drop 8 places with that result and we move up to 9th , I know which manager will be happier after the game, the other could be checking his phone for a text from his chairman. Good assist for the second goal from Zebroski, needs some game time with the rest of the team. Luke looked more like a forward in the first half than he did on Tuesday but Ricay had big physical defenders for him to contend with.To summarize after 3 games we look solid at the back ( with McDonald still to come back) and we have forwards who should get plenty goals once they get there eye in, so safe mid table.

10/8/2019 7:23 PM  #8

Cannot find any negativity with that performance, well done everyone. Manager quick to praise his young players and new signing made instant impact. Conditions awful in the second half and helped our opponents.

10/8/2019 7:25 PM  #9

hobgoblin wrote:

Thought I'd wait until I had seen a couple of games before posting this season. Todays result was great although it looked like we would suffer from the curse of playing 10 men. There were times when we were hanging on to our one goal lead and it looked like we would drop the two points. Some valiant defending and a great penalty save by Puddy. Couldn't fault the workrate of the entire team especially in the terrible conditions. Ricay drop 8 places with that result and we move up to 9th , I know which manager will be happier after the game, the other could be checking his phone for a text from his chairman. Good assist for the second goal from Zebroski, needs some game time with the rest of the team. Luke looked more like a forward in the first half than he did on Tuesday but Ricay had big physical defenders for him to contend with.To summarize after 3 games we look solid at the back ( with McDonald still to come back) and we have forwards who should get plenty goals once they get there eye in, so safe mid table.

Thank you Director of football.

10/8/2019 8:57 PM  #10

A really good performance today. The whole side worked really hard and backed each other up all over the pitch. The team spirit looked great.  All 11 and the subs played there part today. But for me if I had to pick out one who led the way, it would be Parselle.  So many blocks and balls won, when Billericay really came at us and had us under the cosh. I may be optimistic but I think this squad could do better than mid table.  Well done today Mark, Horgs and all the lads. 

Board footera