BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/6/2019 12:29 AM  #1

Nick McCootie

By all accounts is now a Weston Super Mare player.

Well there goes by favourite song I bought to the terraces in a long time! All the best Nick, real game-changer, for good or bad but some good moments in a blue shirt.

Really hoping to see some incoming players very soon. On the current spine we have 5/6 good signings absolutely put us in contention for a good season.

14/6/2019 7:15 AM  #2

Re: Nick McCootie

Had an inkling this may happen as at the end of the Commercial Committee meeting on Wednesday, Tony Godwin was asking for people to sponsor a player, and I wanted to sponsor Nick. Of course he was not on the list. Neither was Fergie or Tariq. So WSM have 3 ex Bluebirds in their ranks :- Nick, Tinds and Ben Whitehead. Clearly they are looking for a swift return to the National South. I also echo The Voice's thoughts on new recruits, and I hope the Manager has some quality targets to come in. I also see that Beano is back with Oxford Utd as some sort of ambassador for the club.

14/6/2019 7:51 AM  #3

Does anyone know if nick was offered a new deal?

I thought he would be one worth keeping even as an impact player, unorthodox but very effective at times

14/6/2019 9:25 AM  #4

Bluebirds15 wrote:

Does anyone know if nick was offered a new deal?

I thought he would be one worth keeping even as an impact player, unorthodox but very effective at times

The was a contract on the table . Question is was it the same contract as last season

14/6/2019 10:15 AM  #5

I would have thought he's had an offer from us but chose to go to WSM for whatever reason.  Fully entitled to do so of course, and I wish him all the best (unless we happen to play them in the FA Cup - you can just see that happening).  Wouldn't be a starter for us in front of Jarvis or Pratt, and I'm sure we've got irons in the fire for replacements.
As for Fergie & Tariq, I think I'm right in saying Fergie lives in Reading now, and Tariq lives in London, so that'll have a big say in where they choose to play.  I haven't seen a lot of Tariq but what a player Fergie has been for us over the past few years.  A player who you really miss when he's not in the team, goes about his business quietly but very effectively.  Scored his fair share of goals too.  

14/6/2019 10:50 AM  #6

I considered Nick a bit of a luxury for us and not good value for money. I am basing this on the assumption that he was one of our higher earners and therefore you would want him on the pitch as much as possible, which he wasn't. Anyway I think Bath had his best years and although he showed moments of brilliance his overall fitness was an issue. Talking of fitness are we going to get anything out of Jan this season? Or is he just going to sit around and draw his salary and watch our club throw money it can't afford down the drain.

14/6/2019 11:00 AM  #7

Weston have also signed striker Owen Howe a prolific scorer with Bristol Manor Farm

14/6/2019 11:14 AM  #8

Looks like they're splashing the money to try and bounce back first time. That's a difficult league to get out of as we showed over the years, so it could all end in tears with a big debt. 

14/6/2019 12:39 PM  #9

hobgoblin wrote:

Looks like they're splashing the money to try and bounce back first time. That's a difficult league to get out of as we showed over the years, so it could all end in tears with a big debt. 

I’m sure the manager would have a budget to stick too. Seem quite astute signings and reading all the comments from players on the website the manager ha clearly had a lot to do with the signings.

Over the years Weston have never been big payers, and 2 of their high earners one would imagine have departed for Gloucester so wouldn’t assume that money is thrown around left right and centre.

Mcootie as someone alluded too may have been offered reduced terms and he’s a Bristol boy, tindles dad explained that Greg had taken significant paycut to go and the other 2 lads have stepped up to higher standard so wouldn’t demand massive sums.

People love to assume the worst, of more interest to me is in house, would love to hear of a new signing or 2 soon, I see the twelfth man initiative has begun to boost the budget, hopefully that along with redundancy of commercial manager isn’t anything to worry about.

Last edited by Bluebirds15 (14/6/2019 12:40 PM)

14/6/2019 12:49 PM  #10

Certainly the silence on new recruits into CTFC is deafening at the moment. I'm sure the Manager has identified the areas in the squad that need strengthening (midfield for sure), and rightly so he is keeping his targets very close to his chest. I would like to see a strong holding midfielder, and overall a bit more height in the squad. I remember countless times last season big Nick was looking up to some defenders (Dulwich Hamlet comes to mid - a team of giants), and Nick was not exactly short. COYMB

Board footera