BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/6/2019 11:24 AM  #1

Ex Bluebirds...

Interesting signing again for Weston Super Mare snapping up Ben Whitehead from Cirencester in addition to Captain Fantastic Greg Tindle. Always thought Ben had so much potential but never quite stepped up at this level, clearly a proven scorer in the below division with a 25 goal haul last term for Cirencester. Clearly Weston are putting a great deal of emphasis on returning to the NLS at the first attempt and with the signings being made, it would seem they have made themselves strong favourites. 

Now as we have been so nice to Weston letting them have our captain and teaching there new striker everything he knows ;) maybe they can give us Luke Purnell and Jacob Cane ;) That would be a nice thank you.. 

10/6/2019 12:31 PM  #2

Re: Ex Bluebirds...

From reading the gazette this week I get the impression mark hasn’t identified any specific targets but rather waiting to see what pans out I’ve the next few weeks.

10/6/2019 3:08 PM  #3

The way I see it, this man has guided us to promotion in the Southern League, safety in the National League there is no way he hasn't identified targets, the summer is a patient time for a manager. Players are talking to clubs and over the coming weeks availability and budget will become apparent. Going to be very interesting to see how it develops over the next few months.

10/6/2019 9:44 PM  #4

Presume Pratt was a target,Richards McDonald Klukowski Guthrie will all be like new signings, any news on Ferguson?

11/6/2019 7:11 AM  #5

I cannot find any evidence that McDonald, Guthrie or Fergie have re-signed for the club yet ! I believe Klukowski has a 2 year deal, so presumably is automatically signed for next season ? Not sure if anybody spotted this piece of football news yesterday, but prolific goal machine Brandon Goodship have left Weymouth F.C. and signed a 2 year pro-deal, with an option of a 3rd year with Second Division Southend Utd. At least we won't be facing him next season ! COYMB

11/6/2019 10:33 AM  #6

That's a good move for the lad. Fair play to him. Shame for Weymouth though, be interested to see how financially well off they were made from the move

11/6/2019 11:16 AM  #7

No transfer fee involved as the lad was out of contract, so he was effectively a free agent. Southend have apparently agreed to a pre-season friendly as a sort of compromise. According the their TERRAS TALK FORUM, Weymouth have lost both their main strikers now.

11/6/2019 11:25 AM  #8

Ouch, always a shitter when then happen but I guess it's the nature of the Non-League beast. 

Board footera