BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/12/2018 1:34 PM  #1

Sandell

Oh dear looks like he has some big beef with the club...

02/12/2018 2:36 PM  #2

Re: Sandell

Stop sh#t stirring. Major beef with the club, you've deduced that from one tweet.
And when the club have been raising money for his op.

02/12/2018 2:47 PM  #3

Correct Wellard...  there were collections at 2 home games and this

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/chippenhamtown/news/support-andys-recovery-2368523.html

Mind you the just giving page does only have one donation and £180 short of its target, although I think the first bucket collection raised more than this

I didn't even know Andy had has his op. Good luck to him, I hope the recovery goes well

02/12/2018 4:00 PM  #4

We shouldn't be crowd funding an operation anyway. That should be a club cost. The lad was integral to our promotion to the NLS. 

02/12/2018 7:19 PM  #5

Fair point

03/12/2018 7:49 AM  #6

Wellard wrote:

Stop sh#t stirring. Major beef with the club, you've deduced that from one tweet.
And when the club have been raising money for his op.

Hardly stirring when it’s come direct from the player.

03/12/2018 12:57 PM  #7

Lets look at this without any sentimentality, yes he was great for us 3 seasons ago but since his strike partner left his form has dipped and has been injury prone and now out for the rest of the season, I assume? 
Under contract and I suspect he's hasn't come cheap, so he is currently a liability to the club. As for the crowd funding for his operation, surely a semi - pro football would have private medical insurance to cover this sort of thing ( I know Sunday league players who have insurance as their full time jobs won't pay for sport related injuries).
While on the subject of liabilities, we are nearly half way through the season and Jan hasn't hardly kicked a ball and when he has been on the pitch he has mostly been ineffective except for If I remember correctly one assist. Again going on his previous football experience I expect he takes a big chunk of the  weekly wage bill. Take these two out of the equation and you have a pot of cash that could be used to get a fit, in form player to help our play off push.

03/12/2018 1:37 PM  #8

Agree, but contract is a contract I presume. Puddy another I suspect

03/12/2018 3:47 PM  #9

Agree, a contract is a contract, so unless some sort of settlement is agreed the player is well within his rights to sit it out.  I believe Puddy is near a return, so that's good news.  We have, however, Sandell and Tindle on the sidelines drawing not insignificant money (allegedly) for the remainder of the season.  Sandell is 36 and highly unlikely to come back at this level I would have thought.  It remains to be seen how well Greg recovers, but I wouldn't put it past him to make a return in the summer.  I certainly hope so - he's put his body on the line for this club over a long period of time and deserves every chance.  As for Yan.............

03/12/2018 5:02 PM  #10

Yan who ?

Board footera