BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/11/2018 12:22 AM  #1

V Weston Super Mare at home. Saturday

Well the cups are over for another year.  Very disappointing, but we need to move quickly on to our bread and butter and Saturdays National League game with Weston. There form has picked up recently and they have 2 draws and a win from there last 4 games. They will come to us looking forward to the game with a renewed confidence. And looking to move away from the bottom of the league table But our home league form is excellent and we need to beat them and push our selves up in to the play off positions. And go into the run up to Christmas with plenty of confidence. Our side will be interesting on Saturday. As we get closer to a nearly fit squad. It should be a good game hopefully Weston will bring a good few to bump up the atmosphere. Let’s take the 3 points and put the smiles back on the Chippenham fans faces. Good luck to Mark, Horgs and the lads. 😎

30/11/2018 9:10 PM  #2

Re: V Weston Super Mare at home. Saturday

We need to beat  Weston Super Mare tomorrow.  As Jono says three points would put us in a good position. And I would think the players and management need a good result to get rid of the frustration of those cup defeats.

01/12/2018 11:27 AM  #3

Looking forward to the game today. I predict we will play really well, I think the squad and management will be really up for it after recent disappointments. Weston are quite possibly in a false position in the league and as it has been stated have improved recently. They normally like to play a passing game. If so they won't like our pitch, and with our excellent home form I am confident of a win! Hopeful of a good attendance too.

01/12/2018 3:39 PM  #4

Curtis still not playing - which is a worry

You would hope for a bounce back with a great performance and convincing win. The conditions won't help us play our best passing game either

WSM will be expecting to cause an upset and I hope we send them home disappointed

Last edited by newfan (01/12/2018 3:40 PM)

01/12/2018 4:59 PM  #5

1-2 HT

Two poor goals conceded. We need to be much better in the second half

01/12/2018 7:13 PM  #6

1-3ft with them down to 10. If we had a game plan I'm not sure what it was. They defended well and we didnt

01/12/2018 8:43 PM  #7

I'm sure the game plan was not to defend luke that. Miss Curtis and no like for like replacement with Tindle out. Tenth in the league.

01/12/2018 9:02 PM  #8

A rather strange game. I agree that Curtis McDonald was sorely missed today, I don't think we would have defended so poorly with our regular back four, and he marshals them superbly. We huffed and puffed but things didn't quite happen. That said we must give Weston credit, their game plan worked well. I hope history is not about to repeat itself, wasn't it about now last season that we hit a real bad patch?

01/12/2018 11:42 PM  #9

A few of us thought the ref gave two yellows to their number 9

One for kicking the ball away earlier and another for his part in the aftermath of the handbags following the foul that led to the red card. That should have meant WSM down to 9 men.

I think ref was being assessed so if he did get that wrong there would be repercussions as there a few other suspect decisions

Not making excuses though - we didn't deserve to win

02/12/2018 10:21 AM  #10

The Weston number 9 was booked twice and was somehow not shown red. Was mentioned on BBC Wilts and also the WSM twitter states both times Marlon Jackson was booked. 2-1 down 9 men with 20 mins to go....

Board footera