BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2018 12:31 PM  #1

Dartford fan in peace

Hi all. With the weather in your part of the world not being great for a few days do you have any concerns for the pitch for satuday? Need to leave early Saturday so would be good to have an idea in advance.
Thanks for any replies.

12/10/2018 12:38 PM  #2

Re: Dartford fan in peace

We have a pretty sandy pitch at Chippenham. I can't see the game being called off though. 

Best to keep up to date with our website and Twitter account @ChipTownFC

12/10/2018 12:40 PM  #3

Yep thanks.
Did look at Twitter and call club and also emailed.
Thought I’d get a quicker response on here and I was right.
Much appreciated. Anyone’s else’s opinions much appreciated also.

12/10/2018 1:21 PM  #4

I don’t think you have anything to worry about D.F.C  Our pitch can take a lot of water and drains really well.  I don’t think there’s any doubt,  you’ll be watching your team on Saturday.  Have a good trip down  😎

12/10/2018 2:16 PM  #5

Appreciate it thanks

12/10/2018 2:29 PM  #6

Good to hear from you DFC, and welcome to the Bluebirds Forum. I'm one of the pre-match ground staff, and the problem we have is regardless of the weather leading up to a Saturday game, the decision has to be made by the match referee. I know it sounds crazy, but because this is a 'big boys' league now, that is the rules I'm afraid. The pitch looked in pretty good nick after our Wednesday evening game in the FA Cup, so our grounds man will probably not do a lot to it. In the goods old Southern League we would have called in a senior local ref, and he would speak to the match ref and between them make a judgement. Sorry I cannot be any more positive but the FA make the rules, and have no regard for good people such as yourself who travel half the country to support your team. Looking forward to the game.

12/10/2018 3:09 PM  #7

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. Cheers.

12/10/2018 3:19 PM  #8

The look of our pitch, more rain the better I think.

12/10/2018 3:26 PM  #9

blueboo wrote:

The look of our pitch, more rain the better I think.

How so mate

Board footera