BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/9/2017 10:39 PM  #11

Re: Weymouth FC. V Chippenham Town.

A bit of perspective required here?  We've been knocked out by a Southern Prem club, a decent one at that. Didn't we beat Poole last season in similar circumstances when the shoe was on the other foot so to speak?  It's the FA Cup.  It happens.  Move on.

17/9/2017 11:01 PM  #12

Mickey Mouse competition? Show some respect. It's the oldest association football competition in the world. That makes it special. In addition to that it is also a very good earner for smaller clubs if they survive until the league clubs come in. 

18/9/2017 9:26 AM  #13

The reason I asked the question is that there appear to be a few players that do not appear to be giving their all. Last season we were just about unbeatable and you could see the confidence on the faces of the players and feel the team spirit. In the games I have seen this season these seem to be missing. Mark's comments about " Individual mistakes" and a defence that changes from game to game doesn't fill me with confidence for the rest of the season. Are their players out there who are still living on the glory of last season. You could draw comparison with the Premiership winning side at Leicester City and how they performed the following season.. Before anyone says, but we're playing at a higher level now, that doesn't affect what I mentioned above. Come on lets see a positive reaction this week. " We're Chippenham old boys and we sing when we want."

18/9/2017 11:57 AM  #14

Agree back 4 keeps changing, but did not attend Weymouth game and have not seen the team selection anywhere, Gazette and Herald is its normal poor report, not even a team line up in last report, which was obviously done over the telephone. One post advised that Tindall and Sands were on the bench, therefore what was back 4 or 5.  Has Chip appealed Sands sending off, we learn very little, what is going on out there.

Last edited by inthebox (18/9/2017 11:57 AM)

18/9/2017 12:13 PM  #15

I think back 4 keeps changing as we have injuries to Horgan Tindle Richards, Saturday was Bowmen Nunos Richards and Beeden.

18/9/2017 12:29 PM  #16

Insideleft wrote:

A bit of perspective required here?  We've been knocked out by a Southern Prem club, a decent one at that. Didn't we beat Poole last season in similar circumstances when the shoe was on the other foot so to speak?  It's the FA Cup.  It happens.  Move on.

Exactly right  (...which is why some of us correctly identified the banana skin.) Salt in the wound that recently rejected Cooper scored the second for them too.

Seems we are struggling with niggling injuries to key squad players and/or not managing the squad rotation well that is necessary at this level now. Need to settle a bit over the next few games and restore some confidence.

18/9/2017 1:38 PM  #17

Back 4, back 5 injuries, blah blah.

We've just been given a short back and sides by our ex  %%%%ing hairdresser. Chew on that. - One for the headlines: Sooper Cooper -Hairdresser on fire.

https://youtu.be/DPRVXTytJQ0

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

Board footera