BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/8/2016 7:10 PM  #1

FA Cup opponents

Moneyfields (who elsewhere on this forum are allegedly a bunch of bruisers) beat Whitchurch 0-3 to face us at HP on September 3rd

22/8/2016 10:54 AM  #2

Re: FA Cup opponents

Just going from experience mate they are just a very unprofessional and un disciplined team in the respect of what I saw against them against Bristol Manor Farm. Three sendings off, brawls on the pitch and sidelines, disgusting show in the clubhouse afterwards. Bruisers might not be the most accurate description because all they did that day was prove themselves completely out of there depth and looked rather silly naughty challenges and mouthy team packed full of dissent and no obvious talent is never a draw I mind in the FA Cup should be a comfortable win!

22/8/2016 11:21 PM  #3

Remember Slimbridge. Thats all.

23/8/2016 1:22 PM  #4

George wrote:

Remember Slimbridge. Thats all.

and the fireworks....

23/8/2016 2:10 PM  #5

Unfortunately I remember that game all too well !  3-1 to Slimbridge if my memory serves me correctly, back in the 2006-07 season ? Arguably one of CTFC's worst performances ever - and it was bad, really bad. The 'fireworks' that Cooky refers to happened after the final whistle, when a certain Steve 'Porky' Perrin, our goalkeeper at the time, tried to get to the match officials, for what reason I cannot remember, and was promptly red carded after the final whistle, then all hell let loose in their club house. Not a proud moment in CTFC's long history in my view. Manager at the time, Darren Perrin, only lasted a few more games, and was sacked/relieved of his duties, call it what you will, at half time during a 5-0 tonking at Banbury Utd. Thankfully the club are now light years away from that dreadful 'Perrin' era, and managed by professional people now

23/8/2016 5:34 PM  #6

They were lining up those Fireworks as I walked to my car (yes one of only 2 times in my supporting the club**)  - I said to them, those rockets are a lot smaller than the one thats getting launched in our boardroom after this shambles.

** The Other was Paulton again FA Cup. - let both those occasions be lessons. If the enemy is in range, then so are you.

Last edited by George (23/8/2016 5:35 PM)

23/8/2016 6:47 PM  #7

WOAH! steady Toyboy.  We got to the 1st Round Proper of the FA Cup under Darren.  A fabulous achievement.  We also came very close to promotion - only losing to a "worldy" goal by Bedford, after we'd lost Steve Perrin to injury in that game.  Short memories eh?  

Slimbridge let off fireworks behind the stand immediately after the final whistle. 

23/8/2016 11:53 PM  #8

And then of course there was our unexpected F.A Cup exit away to Lymington & New Milton, which as I recall was a little lively at full-time.

24/8/2016 12:47 PM  #9

Amen to that... was at Slimbridge and Paulton (only CTFC game I have ever walked out early on)

Also at the Didcot game... Perrin was bitten by a dog on the touchline and relieved of duties shortly after

If we go in expecting an easy ride we will get punished

24/8/2016 2:25 PM  #10

I trust the dog suffered no ill effects from it's unfortunate choice of victim - the poor canine must have been severely traumatised after such an experience !! Nothing worse than being bitten on the touchline, it could have been his ar*e !!!

Board footera