BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/4/2024 10:19 AM  #1

WPS final today

The link provided by the club to buy tickets for the match at Swindon isn't working for me.

Can I assume we can just turn up and pay on the gate, or is it actually allocated seating as the link suggests

16/4/2024 1:04 PM  #2

Re: WPS final today

Link has been amended but yes according to Wilts FA tweet earlier you can buy at the gate.

16/4/2024 10:44 PM  #3

4-3 winners after trailing 3-1.  The kids played very well in an entertaining game - Bradbury, King and Johnson coming on during the second half to add experience, with a Johnson “special” to win the game.  🔵⚪️🔵

17/4/2024 10:31 AM  #4

I was initially disappointed to see just 2 regular first team players in the starting 11 (Will Henry in goal and Dan Ellison as captain) - this felt a little disrespectful to Supermarine and ending up at 0-2 down early with excellent goals from our opponents it looked like a miscalculation. Pulling one back for 1-2 made the half-time score respectable, although it needed a superb reaction save from Wil to keep us in it. An uncharacteristic mistake by Ellison gifted a goal soon after HT (he made a few last night, maybe the captaincy weighed too heavy on him) looked to be putting the game out of reach. However, introducing Caine Bradbury changed the game, a somewhat fortunate deflection gave him a goal almost immediately to bring 2-3, but the whole team seemed more confident and comfortable with him on the pitch. Passing improved and we got level and then Ty Johnson and Will King joined and we were finally on top. Wonder strike from Ty got us ahead. Supermarine nearly levelled right at the end with a dangerous free kick that required a fantastic save from Henry to keep it out.

Good game to watch for the neutral I would imagine

17/4/2024 11:52 AM  #5

Can’t get too over excited or disappointed with any result from this competition. Nice to win it but it’s pretty meaningless in the scheme of things. Most clubs at our level put little emphasis of their respective county cups.

17/4/2024 12:33 PM  #6

Re: Dan Ellison.  His 5th game in 11 days?? Not surprised he was leggy and not quite his usual self...He's a tough one... an absolute bonus to us for as long as we can keep him.

17/4/2024 4:36 PM  #7

Fair point about Dan but he so rarely puts a foot wrong

Board footera