BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/4/2024 5:58 PM  #1

Truro MOTM Poll

FT 0-0.

Truro MOTM

02/4/2024 11:09 AM  #2

Re: Truro MOTM Poll

The fact that no-one has posted about the match tells its own story, which after our recent run was a big disappointment in front of a decent sized crowd.  One goal either way in the first half might have livened things up, but equally I thought that a scrappy half-chance for either side might have snatched 3 points.Neither team wanted to lose and both failed to capitalise on some defensive mistakes.

02/4/2024 11:47 AM  #3

Quite so, Newfan.  I left off posting to let the dust settle... but frankly there is not much to be said about a game that was disappointingly drab  and showed us revert to some of our least attractive characteristics. As so often at Home this season we were completely unsettled by a hard-working, average side who harried us relentlessly from the first whistle.  What followed was a string of uncharacteristic errors from so many players that I wouldn't even consider a MoTM  ... except perhaps for the Sponsors' choice of Luke Haines for his general tidiness and goal-saving clearance after an entirely self-inflicted near crisis resulting from passing dangerously across our 6 yrd/penalty  area.   We just never got going, nor found any rhythmn at all.  We were lucky not to have had more ruthless opponents, who surely would have been 2 or 3 goals to the good by the end. We desperately lacked someone to take control of the midfield, find space and exploit it.  Jake Evans tried his best to inject a bit of passion and bite into matters but the one person who could have done so, Luke Spokes, remained stuck out on the right... until belatedly, Alex Bray was put out there and Spokes went back into his much more inflential position in the centre of midfield. 
Games like these happen, of course and we're still on a great little run,  but for me, there were some unfortunate echoes of earlier season troubles, that I hope we can dispel in the handul of games left. It as a shame.. because it was a good crowd on a largely sunny Bank Holiday.... . the perfect recruiting conditions.
Ironically, we'll probably play far better against Chelmsford on the last day of the season, as good sides usually  bring out the best in us.

02/4/2024 12:13 PM  #4

Totally agree with Rambler and find it hard to understand why we continued to pass the ball across the area despite nearly going behind so early on. We were lucky to get a draw. Dire performance.

02/4/2024 12:25 PM  #5

Definitely missed Tom Mehew, assuming he was injured as he was not involved in squad? Couldn’t really get any control on the game, which is why Tom is such a key part of our team. Hopefully he’s back for the next game.

02/4/2024 6:22 PM  #6

A typical Chippenham home performance . Get that its five unbeaten and comfortably another season in NLS but there can be no denying (apart from Worthing and a 2nd half against Welling), home matches this season have not had many highlights. Yesterday was another slow burner and it seemed a long afternoon. To be fair - think Truro showed how competitive this division is. We could of lost it if they finished better, we could of won it with the couple of late unexpected chances as the game was being seen out. As newfan states - neither team wanted to lose which didn't make for a lively contest.

Build up was slow again. Ed Williams and Owen-Evans are too similar in always wanting the ball to their feet  and then immediately laying it off a few yards here and there (neither carry the ball forward much) -  which made things predictable and meant we didn't get the passes into Fas or Tyreke Johnson quickly enough when they took up good positions. Thought Spokes going into the middle of midfield was a bit late as well especially as not much forward drive in the middle of the park. Too many midfielders and not enough strikers on the books in my opinion. Will see what next season brings in terms of home displays but not expecting much to change in terms of approach.

Last edited by Argus (02/4/2024 9:31 PM)

Board footera